News:

• March 29, 2024, 03:01:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Scientific models ads  (Read 923 times)

Offline Juan Valentin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
Scientific models ads
« on: August 26, 2022, 01:29:54 PM »
                 The Ads that lured me to Scientific models. The art was real good on the ads and kit boxes even tho what you found inside the box might not match the artwork. I was a kid what did I know! They never extolled the flying characteristics of the models but they mentioned that the planes were colorful. What can I say I enjoyed building and flying them.
                                                                                                                                                                               Juan

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Scientific models ads
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 03:28:41 PM »
  Those are really spiffy! Makes me wanna rush right down the hobby shop and pick them up!
  Thanks for posting!
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Juan Valentin

• Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 05:28:27 PM »
  Those are really spiffy! Makes me wanna rush right down the hobby shop and pick them up!
  Thanks for posting!
   Dan McEntee

Hello Dan
                      I`m with you on picking them up. Sometimes I see on sale Scientific kits and I capture the photos of the art on the box and wish I could have them too. A few box art pics.
                                                                                                                                                                                              Juan

Offline Richard Fleming

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 05:29:23 PM »
There was something great about the art work of the fifties and sixties. It is a lost art lol!! Magazine covers, ads, box tops, cartoons and comic books. The art work done on the old Carl Goldberg control line kits were cool! Top Flite used it on their kits and by the mid seventies it was gone.
AMA 83080
AHRMA 9827

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 05:46:37 PM »
There was something great about the art work of the fifties and sixties. It is a lost art lol!! Magazine covers, ads, box tops, cartoons and comic books. The art work done on the old Carl Goldberg control line kits were cool! Top Flite used it on their kits and by the mid seventies it was gone.

Anyone my age or so knows about the cover art on Model Airplane News in the 40's, 50's and 60's. Joe Kotula did most of those and I bought some stuff from a guy several years ago who's Dad was gifted one of the original paintings by the editors! I would have bought that but price was just out of my reach. Looking into stuff about Joe Kotula at that time, I don't know when that man ever slept! He also did cover art for Field  and Stream , other magazines, artwork for greeting cards and all sorts of stuff. I wonder what happened to all that original art work??

Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 11:08:43 PM »
I'm a sucker for Scientifics! I have the Super Mustang still in the box. I swear Brodak's 1/2A Mustang is a clone of this one. The wingspan and overall length are the same, as is the rib count, and pushrod exit via a trapezoid panel. The only significant differences between this kit and  Brodak's is the landing gear treatment and the lack of a cowl on the Brodak.

Offline Juan Valentin

• Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2022, 07:55:55 PM »

A few more kit pics.
                                                                                                                                     Juan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here