Building Tips and technical articles. > 1/2 A building.

Scarinzi Queen Build

<< < (17/17)

Jeremy Chinn:
Finally got the little Queen Bee out for a flight today. And fly she did.

Before I get into the bird, a fun note. My buddy Lester helped me launch. He was a friend of Larry Scarinzi and was excited when he heard this was one of his designs.

Performance is excellent. Run time is great on the little 1/4oz tank with the TD.020. Line tension with 10lbs 25ft Spectra lines is perfect for a calm day.

She's a real stinker to get fueled, but after a few mins futzing with a clogged needle, we had her starting nicely.

Flying, she loops inside and out beautifully and does a horizontal 8 very nicely. Inverted flight was no issue at all. Lands about like a set of car keys when the engine quits.

I flew two flights today as the sun was going down and then it was time to roll up the lines. My son shot a quick vid of the last flight. He caught a flat 8 right as the engine went sour and I flew the rest of the flight with the saggy engine.

I'm super happy with the little bird.

Dave Moritz:
Beautiful, Jerry. She really stays out on the lines, to say the least!

Nice job on the filler pipe’s right angle bend in earlier pic. Don’t need too much elaboration here, but what’s your secret? Heat, weed whacker line, sand, ice, bender jig, luck?

Dave Mo…

Jeremy Chinn:
Thanks much Dave. She's really fun to fly.

Regarding the brass tube, I used concave portion of a screwdriver handle that fit the tubing perfectly as a mandrel to bend the tubing around. Kinda like the old Harry Higley tool that I can no longer find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version