News:

• April 23, 2024, 02:20:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PAW .049 STUNTER GUIDANCE URGENTLY REQUIRED  (Read 10275 times)

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Re: PAW .049 STUNTER GUIDANCE URGENTLY REQUIRED
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2023, 07:40:12 PM »
THE GRUESOME FLIGHT REPORT
Well to begin, what I fly from is a well mowed combination of moss and pasture grass.
So I think take offs from the grass is a NO GO..plus I didn't want to add the weight of landing gear.
My one size fits all stooge works great with overpowered combat planes and it even works with this moderately powered IAR 80
The PAW .049 has been a disappointment with the compression backing off in flight and the needle valve having a mind of it's own too.
My home brewed 1:1:1 fuel probably isn't optimum.
The PAW was able to keep the 42 foot long lines tight for level laps..even when the rpms dropped to 3/4 power after a few laps.
I tried different props but the 6.3 x 4 seemed to be the best. There just wasn't enough line tension to try any stunts  at 42 feet.
After a launching SNAFU that required repairs I substituted a Norvel .074 / Hayes 2 oz tank for the PAW / metal tank.
Even though this .074 is a little bit worn out the difference is like night and day.
The PAW .049 and Norvel .074 are about the same weight..but the Hayes 2 oz tank is much heavier than the little soldered tin tank I made for the PAW.
After a few  really strong flights I did manage to have another launching SNAFU that required more repairs.
Now the plane weighs 13 ozs which qualifies it for ROCK ON A STRING STATUS...I believe.
The repairs went well...and tonights flights went pretty well too. I've got a "3/4 A" plane now to practice with.
I

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here