News:

• March 29, 2024, 06:07:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Norvel Parts  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Norvel Parts
« on: July 12, 2022, 04:36:27 PM »
   I have several Norvel .049 and .061 engines and extra glow plugs and such, and since standard Cox spinners and props screws fit, I don't worry about losing the stock ones any more. Last Christmas we took my grand daughter out on a nice day to try her hand at flying my TuffBaby trainer. Sean got her through several flights but it did lawn dart a time or two. The ground was really soft and I didn't see any immediate damage. Recently I was looking the airplane over and found the needle valve difficult to turn. I managed to get the needle out, cleaned up, but then couldn't get it to thread back in. I came to discover that the spray bar had bent, enough that the needle would not line up so the threads could engage. I was able to straighten it out satisfactorily, but that made me think that I ought to se if I can scrounge up a couple of spare spray bars and needles. I don't know what ordering parts from NV is like these days with the situations going on in Europe, so I thought I would check with the general 1/2A enthusiast population out there to see if anyone has a large parts stash that they could part with a couple? I am not in a bind or anything, and everything I have is operational, just want to have a couple of spares in case I have a worse crash. I would imagine the .061 and .049 share the same parts? I'll have to get busy and dig up a parts listing in case I need part numbers.
   Thanks in advance,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
Re: Norvel Parts
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 04:08:01 AM »
              Dan, even prior to NV officially becoming a site there was a fellow who posted on here in regards to it. His name was Alex and he was the US distributor for Norvel parts. I've always retained his e-mail which was Klondike17@juno.com. I've dealt with him several times over the years and he was always fast and responsive. Not only that but at the time< the site had limited availability on certain parts and he made certain I obtained parts not even listed . I was using these for combat and I was going through parts rapidly. The person who was at the factory was Dimitri, he also responded but his e-mails were slightly in broken English. Ken

Offline 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 09:04:28 AM »
Mr. Dan,

Please reply how you address the issue. I have a few Norvels that need spares also. It hasn't been an emergency for me, but considering where the source is, it certainly may change the priority of what/when I order.

TIA

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 09:21:07 PM »
              Dan, even prior to NV officially becoming a site there was a fellow who posted on here in regards to it. His name was Alex and he was the US distributor for Norvel parts. I've always retained his e-mail which was Klondike17@juno.com. I've dealt with him several times over the years and he was always fast and responsive. Not only that but at the time< the site had limited availability on certain parts and he made certain I obtained parts not even listed . I was using these for combat and I was going through parts rapidly. The person who was at the factory was Dimitri, he also responded but his e-mails were slightly in broken English. Ken

Thanks Ken. I just sent an email. Will keep everyone posted

Thanks a lot!
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 05:44:45 AM »
  I got a reply from Alex;

Heo Dan,

Please place your order on www.nvengines.com

Thank you,

Alex

The website is up and looks active, but I can't figure out where they are, Russia or Ukraine.. I sent them an inquiry about shipping costs for small orders and such. Will keep everyone posted.

Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 09:05:40 AM »
   I checked out the web site, and parts aren't obscenely high but still a bit pricy. The show spray bars at 7 buck each but out of stock. You can buy a complete venturi assembly including needle valve for 17 bucks or so, and convert a, R/C engine to C/L version. I have a trip to Oshkosh coming up, and once I get past that I  will look into placing an order and see how that goes. But I guess there is no US importer, and would just have to get lucky and find some one with part on hand.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here