News:

• May 05, 2024, 12:20:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig Dewebird Plans  (Read 7820 times)

Offline Peter Walker

• Dadda
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Sig Dewebird Plans
« on: January 08, 2016, 03:30:44 PM »
Hi All
I hope I am in the right place for this. I am looking for a set of plans for a Sig Deweybird 049.
Could someone please be so kind as to assist me?
This particular model has a lot of sentimental value to me and I would dearly like to build another one now that I am old enough to truly appreciate it.
Thanks Guys and Girls.
You never know what is around the corner.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Sig Dewebird Plans
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 04:17:53 PM »
Hey Peter:

Sig still shows the Deweybird kit as being available (US$20.95).  I have no clue how hard it is to get Sig stuff there, but if it's doable they'll send you plans in a box with some balsa and spare parts; it's up to you whether to build the kit or scratch-build to the plans.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 04:30:06 PM »
I hear you on the sentimental reasoning to want one. My daughter is flying one now. Here's her solo flight on the dewey bird just a few days ago. She flies it, but i carry her for now. She is 4 years old.

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 06:09:39 PM »
Ask and ye shall receive. If needed, I can also e-mail you a copy. These are scanned on Letter Size paper (8 1/2" x 11").

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 06:14:26 PM »
PDF files at the bottom of previous post. Pictures of the pdf's here.

Offline Peter Walker

• Dadda
  • New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 05:52:13 AM »
Thank you so very much guys.
Dane, that little princess of yours is adorable. So good to see a young lady having in an interest in this awesome hobby.
Chancey, thank you very much sir. You have made this little boy(In an old boys body) LL~ a very happy chappy. Will do a print and let you know how it comes out.
Tim, I would love to buy a kit straight from sig. Sig stuff here is not readily available at all. So scratch builds are the answer. To purchase it in a private capacity is ok, but the import tax is always a surprise. Generally an unpleasant one. Thank you never the less for your reply, it is equally appreciated.

Reasons of sentiment:
In 1984, I was a kid of 11 years old. My late dads friend,(whom I was very close with) was assisting me in tuning my Deweybird for a competition the next day. Suddenly he stopped what he was doing and told me he was not feeling very well. He collapsed with a fatal heart attack. My folks insisted that he would want me to fly in the comps the next day. With a heavy heart, I did it and took 3rd place overall with my Deweybird. I flying days came to an end shortly afterwards until my own young boys got me going again a few years ago. I have been on the hunt for this plan ever since.

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 08:03:30 AM »
You're welcome.  I like to help out when I can as others have helped me.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 10:48:01 AM »
Tim, I would love to buy a kit straight from sig. Sig stuff here is not readily available at all. So scratch builds are the answer. To purchase it in a private capacity is ok, but the import tax is always a surprise. Generally an unpleasant one. Thank you never the less for your reply, it is equally appreciated.

I knew when I suggested it that importing may be too much of a pain -- but I wasn't sure, and heaven knows I often need to get that sort of suggestion.  The Deweybird was one of my favorites when I was growing up.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

George Hostler

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 08:06:29 AM »
I hear you on the sentimental reasoning to want one. My daughter is flying one now. Here's her solo flight on the dewey bird just a few days ago. She flies it, but i carry her for now. She is 4 years old.
Dane, those kids of yours are precious, enjoyed also your son running after the plane when it landed. I tried my son on CL 20 years ago, but at the time he had a severe problem with dizziness to the point of upchucking. Now that we have grandkids, would be an opportunity to give them a chance when I visit, once they are old enough (boy is 2 and daughter is 7 months respectively).

Offline Peter Walker

• Dadda
  • New Pilot
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 01:23:47 PM »
Hi Chancey, I eventually got my printer sorted and printed those pdf's you posted for me. They are absolutely spot on as they are. Now i just need to make a small spot on my work bench between a Nobler rebuild and a Banshee scratch build to put my little bird together. Thanks a million once again. ;D

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 02:52:37 PM »
No worries. Just glad that I was able to help a fellow modeller out. I knew that there was a reason I always copy my airplane parts. ;D

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 02:55:10 PM »
Hi Chancey, I eventually got my printer sorted and printed those pdf's you posted for me. They are absolutely spot on as they are. Now i just need to make a small spot on my work bench between a Nobler rebuild and a Banshee scratch build to put my little bird together. Thanks a million once again. ;D

Nah, you don't have to make space. You could probably build it on one of their wings.... ;D9

Offline Peter Walker

• Dadda
  • New Pilot
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 08:59:37 AM »
Don't tempt an idiot. (PE**)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here