News:

• May 06, 2024, 04:16:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/2A Combat electric??  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Rosie Rosenau

• Tally ho
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
1/2A Combat electric??
« on: January 17, 2015, 01:18:35 PM »
OK team new question.

I have a 12 pak of the core house lil hacker wing cores.

I would like to use them and make something that looks either like Litehawk or an Arrow plane 1/2A combat. The lite hawk I was able to get the plans and love the simplicity since I do not have anyway to hot cut foam.  The Arrowplane plans or pics I just can not make out the sizes or its scale.  I will be using this as practice so no need for the latest nor greatest electronics. In fact I will use a 1000mAH lipo and either a emax  XA 2212 / 1400 kV or a Arrowind 2210/25. With a ESC of 25/30 amp.

The litehawks wing I think is 38. The hacker is just 30 1/2.

Could anyone help me with this project? Thanks team.
I know I ask a lot of questions. I seldom ask the same question twice though.
Tally ho
Richard "Rosie" Rosenau Jr.
Yelm , WA
Richard "Rosie" Rosenau Jr, Yelm WA, USA

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 1/2A Combat electric??
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 07:40:18 AM »
What is the area of the wings?
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Rosie Rosenau

• Tally ho
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 03:20:15 PM »
Looks like 235 sq in. From the website... I m using every bit of Styrofoam It come with.
Thank you Mr. Renger for looking into this for me. Also any idea or links to HOW TO INSTALL The arrow shaft boom to the motor mount? How is the motor mount designed? If I can get pictures I can reverse engineer most anything.
Tally ho
Rosie

Offline Rosie Rosenau

• Tally ho
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 03:43:43 PM »
My electrical gear weights in at 200grams. And this airframe comes at 130grams. So a final flying weight of 330/340grams. A lot lighter than my 500 gram stork

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 03:45:29 PM »
Are you coming to the Tuneup in Portland in April?
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Rosie Rosenau

• Tally ho
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 09:56:53 PM »
Honestly did not know about that one. Only the combat match being held in Shelton out at the Hunters farm RC site for C/L. Can you drop me a link to the Portland Oregon April gathering. More than likely I will be able to do both.
Just need to renew my AMA licence to the 4 year payment plan.
Tally ho
Rosie

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 10:30:08 PM »
I haven't built that kind of model, but will look for some magazine articles for inspiration.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Rosie Rosenau

• Tally ho
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 06:08:31 AM »
That would be great. Reverse engineering is always fun. Honestly it is good for me since it makes my retirement have a useful reason of being. I was given  a small 1/2a combat that as memory has it. Looked and was setup like the Arrowplane. Me and my son really had our hands full with it. After we destroyed it a dozen times over I wish I had KEPT the boom and motor Mount and controls and just strip off the wing. Ahh hind sight is so good for a 1 eyed blind guy... lol

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 11:29:23 AM »
Honestly did not know about that one. Only the combat match being held in Shelton out at the Hunters farm RC site for C/L. Can you drop me a link to the Portland Oregon April gathering. More than likely I will be able to do both.
Just need to renew my AMA licence to the 4 year payment plan.
Tally ho
Rosie

Oh, you must start watching Flying Lines: http://flyinglines.org/.  John Tompson and Mike Hazel work hard to make sure that CL in the Pacific Northwest keeps hoppin'.  If they ever switch to model railroading we'll all have to scramble to keep things organized. 

The Fireballs' Spring Tuneup is the first competition event in the Pacific Northwest; it's designed to help you shake your winter bugs out, so that you've gotten past all your "first contest of the year" mistakes when the Regionals rolls around in May.

If you go to the "Where the action is" page, http://flyinglines.org/Action.html, you will find all the control line contests in the Pacific Northwest, including British Columbia, listed.  About four items down is the entry for the Tuneup.  The flier itself for the event is at http://flyinglines.org/15.jimwalkerflyer.pdf.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here