News:

• March 29, 2024, 01:40:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Larry Renger 1/2A Handle Drawing  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Larry Renger 1/2A Handle Drawing
« on: April 18, 2022, 09:33:46 PM »

I have been searching for a drawing of Larry Renger's 1/2A handle. I thought maybe it had been put up here at one time r another over the years. I know RSM carries it but I think I would like to build my first one to make sure it fits my fat hand. Stunt News might be another possibility if some one knows the issue it would be in.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Larry Renger 1/2A Handle Drawing
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 03:11:31 AM »
Fat Hand Luke, er....Dan

I use a Renger 1/2A handle and, with certain mods, I am very happy with it. However, I do have small hands. It actually wouldn't matter though, because I have found that holding it just by my fingertips works best for me. I put three fingertips thru the hole and the thumbtip on the back and I like the sensitivity.

The mod is essentially changing from the Spectra to some .018" stranded cable and using a 4-40 screw with washer to clamp down on the wire for adjustment. I use it with the 1-1/2" insert on everything, so no "trimming the handle" for me. Mine was built from the RSM kit.

As built, the maximum inside dimension on mine is 3-3/32". The other way, it is about 1-1/16" from the bottom of the finger grooves to the crossbar. (Mine has the further obstruction of the adjustor tab.) It is a good fit for my small hand, if I were to use it like a conventional handle. But I prefer just using my fingertips. I use it for all my 1/2A stuff except mouse racers. I just use my standard "stick" for those.

The Divot

Offline 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 08:04:11 AM »
I love mine. Lost the first on the first or second day of use, and promptly bought/assembled another.

The first was left au-natural, but PU finished. I bet I never saw it as I did final eyeball sweep of my flying site. The next one is safety orange...I haven't failed to see that one during clean-up.

I like it so much, I expect to order the bigger one for my  bigger planes.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 09:59:56 AM »
I still have kits for the low overhang exponential handle. $35 including shipping.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here