News:

• May 09, 2024, 12:18:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Keville's 1/2A Multi Profile Scale Event, day 1  (Read 792 times)

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Keville's 1/2A Multi Profile Scale Event, day 1
« on: October 13, 2007, 10:22:07 PM »
Early this year, Mike Keville, inventor of the VSC, announced he'd hold a -

1/2A,

Profile,

Multi-engine, 

Scale event.

Day One -

Only three entries showed. Nine were expected. Two flew while I was able to be there. Day One was/is to be static judging, and an opportunity for  entrants to "dial" the models for the site.

Currel Pattie's Dewoitine 338 (tri-motor. w/reed valve Cox engines) flew about 3 laps with all going, then lost the outboard engine. Total about 14-15 laps before second (inboard) engine gave up. Proxy flier Bart Klapinski contributed  some flesh to getting all three going...

LeRoy Black's beautiful Bf-110 had some trauma at the static judging table when a gust of wind took the model to the ground somewhere nearby, took the  rudders and radio antenna off, and cracked the fuse below the stab. LeRoy has flown this model successfully many times before, and put one in on the repaired bird.

Keith Trostle's latest is a model of the Tu-95-D Bear, Russian heavy bomber. IMPRESSIVE, but from Keith, what's new? When I had to leave the site, he was still fitting flying lines. He may have got a flight in... The wind, as guaranteed with the AMA Sanction, was starting to get obnoxious...

Reminder: Keville's rules include 10 laps all engines running, standard standoff/profile scale judging, and a mysterious "charisma" factor... and that's it!

Won't be able to catch Day Two, but hope more will join the fun...
\BEST\LOU

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Keville's 1/2A Multi Profile Scale Event, day 1
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 09:05:13 AM »
Let hope Uncle Mikey posts the results.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here