News:

• May 06, 2024, 09:28:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/2a stork or 1/2a pathfinder... first flapped plane for me.... which one to bui  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Rosie Rosenau

• Tally ho
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
I think the Stork will be a better first kit to build to me. I would like any and all hints suggestions or just plain old words of wisdom on the building of her? I will also make her strictly electric and not either or like my previous planes. I will also post this in the electric section so I can get both sets of experts in on this. My motor will be arrowind 2210/25 with an 18a ESC, a brodak timer FM-0c. I love the timer and the power adjustments and the battery is up in the air. I currently use arrowinds 1300mAH 11.1V lipos.

Let me hear the ideas and words of wisdom please and thank you.

Tally ho
Rosie
Richard "Rosie" Rosenau Jr, Yelm WA, USA

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
The difference in flight quality between a almost-full-size unflapped plane like the Sig Skyray and a 1/2A-sized plane is huge compared to the difference in flight quality between a Sig Skyray and a same-sized flapped plane.

If your goal is to fly a better plane, and if you have the room or are not otherwise stuck with 1/2A planes, I'd suggest a bigger plane.  Even a "15-sized" plane like an Akromaster should fly better.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Online Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
I have flown several Storks, and it seems to be a magic design that flies great no matter how evil a buildin job was inflicted on it. Simple constuction and quite light if you stick with clear wing dope or park flyer film.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Rosie Rosenau

• Tally ho
  • Lieutenant
Well look what the stork dropped off on 26 Dec... A baby stork, must be a baby boy since it is a baby blue.  Well took it to the field to try it out with real brodak .008 metal cable lines. Well started with the Magician and ended up with a nose plant. Broken shaft and that's it. SoI set up the stork but my parachute hinges were way to. Stiff. To the point I had no up elevator. So time to look into those stitched hinges or new parachute hinges without the paint on them.... Either way it will looses them up a lot.
Richard "Rosie" Rosenau Jr, Yelm WA, USA

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here