Building Tips and technical articles. > 1/2 A building.

Half A Cessna Skymaster?

(1/4) > >>

Robert McHam:
Has anyone built a half A Cessna Skymaster?
Seems there was a kit for C/L years ago but I never saw one myself. Come to think of it I don't know of a R/C version for this engine class.

Sure is a pretty plane!

Robert

Larry Renger:
I designed a Cessna Mixmaster for C*x, and it was produced.  Hunt one down and kill it on e-Bay.

Robert McHam:
Larry, Now that you mention it I do recall such plane but have yet to be closer than a small picture of one.

I am giving some thought to possibly making one myself... The plane is just such a cool plane. Probably the best way to have a twin for C/L flying!

I have only found a small 3-view so far. Rather undesirable as it does not show the fuse in profile. It is obscured by the boom. Still it would be rather close.
 The range of color shemes is widely varied when one takes into account both civilian and military uses.

I think I would want a sport plane capable of at least some decent inside and outside loops, nothing truly fancy, yet something that would be fun to fly again and again. Not just once an outing like so many scale planes.

Hey! An .020 version as well?

Robert

Robert McHam:
Aha! I think this is the one I remember reading about once. This may be the only reference I ever saw regarding this plane. This ad was in the Oct. 1973 issue of AAM.

So does anyone recall anything about this company or any of the planes they may have come out with besides the Skymaster?

Robert

Paul Smith:
One problem is that most of these engines don't like to be run as puhers.

Sure, they can run backwards, but the bearings are set up for FORWARD thrust.   Don't expect long life if you run a typical plain bearing 1/2A as a pusher.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version