News:

• May 08, 2024, 08:48:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Further adventures of Alan's electric Baby Clown  (Read 1012 times)

Offline fred krueger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Further adventures of Alan's electric Baby Clown
« on: March 24, 2008, 01:42:44 PM »
Here's a link to the latest flight of Alan Hahn's electric Baby Clown.  The setup is approaching optimum.  He is presently running a 6x5.5 APC-e prop.  He felt that he needed to program just a bit more power.

Fred

Alan Hahn

Re: Further adventures of Alan's electric Baby Clown
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 01:57:05 PM »
Over on SSW I complemented Fred for his many talents---stooge and cinematographer--, but I see I should also add publicist! H^^

One comment was that it was pretty cold out there at lunch today, 36F according to my car thermometer, so the lipos may have been pretty cool by the end of the flight. But it wouldn't hurt to add a click or 2 to the timer throttle. Certainly have the battery capacity to do that.

Alan Hahn

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 02:06:54 PM »
One thing that is also amazing was that these movies were taken with my Canon Powershot A570 running in video mode. Of course Fred is downsizing the video to get down to a reasonable uploadable file. For these type applications, you really don't need a video camera anymore.

I will also note that I bought this camera using Fred's recommendation. What a guy!

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 08:17:07 PM »
One of my favorite parts is the  "Patron Saint of Electric C/L" -- I think we should all put a picture of the "Saint" in our electrics - like little St. Christopher medals, to ensure a successful electric powered flight.  LL~ LL~

Mike A
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here