News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:56:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Disapointed with Gorilla 5 min epoxy  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Wayne Collier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Disapointed with Gorilla 5 min epoxy
« on: April 23, 2017, 09:43:38 PM »
I put this in the Building Section also:  I am putting it here because most of my control line building is 1/2A.

I have used devcon 5 minute epoxy for nearly 20 years on the job, at home, and for hobby use. I've glued metal, plastic, rocks, and wood. I have used it successfully for engine mounts. It sometimes takes less or more than 5 minutes but always had a definite "kick" after which it seemed like hard plastic.  I went to pick some up Saturday and didn't see any in the store I went to, so I picked up some Gorilla 5 minute epoxy.  I mixed it in equal proportions and after a few hours it was a sticky gooey mess that still had not hardened.  Have any of you guys tried it?  How did it work for you? 
Wayne Collier     Northeast Texas
<><

never confuse patience with slowness never confuse motion with progress

Offline Greg Nilsson

• New Pilot
Re: Disapointed with Gorilla 5 min epoxy
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 10:23:07 PM »
 y1  It seems like some of the resin's I have used that it takes a lot more mixing to get the resin to harden. some of the glass resin I used took up to five minutes of mixing otherwise you ended up the same as your results     Keep the wind under your wings

Offline mccoy40

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 11:36:16 AM »
I've just recently used some of the gorilla epoxy and although I didn't have the problem you did, I am not very pleased with Gorillla. The stoppers provided do not seem to fit well and when I used the epoxy for the second time the plunger on one side was clogged and didn't come out of the tube while the other side gushed.  I essentially had to waste some product to get the proper amount for the epoxy to harden.   

Live and learn I guess.       HB~>      mw~
Joseph Meyer
Philadelphia, PA

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 04:20:32 PM »
I don’t think much of their hairspray. I can tell you that.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 04:25:45 PM »
Actually Howard their hairspray did a fantastic job. I'm not sure what she was complaining about?

Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here