News:

• May 09, 2024, 05:12:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cox Super Stunter plans and replacement wings.  (Read 14392 times)

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Cox Super Stunter plans and replacement wings.
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2007, 09:47:54 AM »
The latest version was published in Model Aviation, Feb 2002.  It is plan #923, available from the AMA. I suspect you can dig up a photo on the AMA website.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2007, 04:04:19 PM »
Cool! Thanks Larry.

robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2007, 12:41:25 AM »
I went to the AMA website, and looked at their plan list, and they do have a photo of the Skyfire when you click on the plan name.  Oddly, they don't let you just call for the plan by number, so ignore that first entry, as it deals with plan names starting with a number. Just do a search on "Skyfire" and it will get you there.  Much to my surprise, there is also a source of cut foam wings!!!  I may order a set myself.   %^@

DesignMan

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2007, 08:51:23 AM »
I went to the AMA website, and looked at their plan list, and they do have a photo of the Skyfire when you click on the plan name.  Oddly, they don't let you just call for the plan by number, so ignore that first entry, as it deals with plan names starting with a number. Just do a search on "Skyfire" and it will get you there.  Much to my surprise, there is also a source of cut foam wings!!!  I may order a set myself.   %^@

The foam wing cores availability is nice. It doesn't list how much they cost. I guess you need to call the number for the foam wings and supply them with the AMA code for those and they will tell you how much.

Larry, the Skyfire looks great and from the picture it has a forward sweep to the wings? If so, how many degrees? I am guessing five degrees or less.

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2007, 09:56:54 AM »
The forward sweep is real, and effectively prevents tip stalls.  You can slam this plane into the hardest possible turn and it won't mush (at least with control sensitivities I can handle).  Sweep at the leading edge is exactly 5 degrees.

Area 230 sq.in, Span 35-1/2"  Weight of the original 10.5 ounces.

It has been flown by 2 former National Champions in competition and they both took home trophies with it.  Bart Klapinski took 1st, Keith Trostle came in 2nd, and yours truly a distant 3rd.  Story of my life -  That's why I am DesignMan, not PilotMan.

DesignMan

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2008, 10:19:11 AM »
I was given one of the earliest production models of the 109 by the hobby dealer in Wichita.

The deal was that I would assemble it an fly it in air shows and demos to help him promote sales.  Well, it flew great, and maybe even "full-pattern" if you stretch your imagination.

At the first show, it ws so windy that hardly anybody wanted to fly their good stuff, but since I got it "free" with the agreement to fly in shows, I went ahead and flew.  As the winds go worse, I was the only person flying at all.

The plane came to a surprize ending when I was doing lazy eights downwind (the only possible manouver), and the bellcrank broke in half.
Paul Smith

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2008, 04:49:46 PM »
Wow, that must have been SOME wind!  I never had that happen, or heard tell of it.  Wings falling off, sure, but broken bellcrank?

DesignMan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here