Building Tips and technical articles. > 1/2 A building.

Cox Profile Scale Reed Speed

<< < (2/7) > >>

Jim Roselle:
Dan,
I have a copy of model aviation with a Bonzo plan from that event. Sounds like your club has some members that would be competetive in the Reed Speed event!

Jim

Balsa Butcher:
My only question on the rules is that landing gear may be left off of planes whose full scale counterparts had retractable gear. If speed is the goal why would anyone build anything else? IMHO make LG mandatory, scale location optional. OBTW: Sea Fury and Corsair look great!  8)

Jim Roselle:

--- Quote from: Balsa Butcher on May 27, 2014, 10:14:05 PM ---My only question on the rules is that landing gear may be left off of planes whose full scale counterparts had retractable gear. If speed is the goal why would anyone build anything else? IMHO make LG mandatory, scale location optional. OBTW: Sea Fury and Corsair look great!  8)

--- End quote ---
Not everyone has a hard surface to fly from; and even if you hand launch grass landings with a gear that small are not pretty.
 Thanks, the Corsair is mine. I'm going to build a aerodynamically cleaner version for this go 'round.

Here is a link to all if the finished models from the first running:
http://www.coxengineforum.com/t6652-reed-speed-best-model-poll

Jim

RknRusty:
Aw gross, my Mustang is still paintless in that picture. LL~
That was a fun contest. Like most of the other guys, I knew nothing of speed planes before you started this. I bet the next go-round will see some hotter action.
Rusty

david beazley:
Any report on how the P-39 flew?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version