Building Tips and technical articles. > 1/2 A building.

Cox engines

(1/9) > >>

Bill Little:
I want to get a Queen Bee and I have a 1/2A Snapper to build.

This probably doesn't belong here, but no one will see it in the Classifieds!!!!  **)

Anyone want to part with a running Babe Bee and a Pee Wee .020??  (I've NEVER had an .020!)  ???  ???

Cosmetics are a "non-issue".  y1

Thanks,
Bill <><

minnesotamodeler:
Bill, I set up the Snapper firewall for a long-tank Cox (Black Widow, Golden Bee, etc.)--to use a Babe Bee you will have to use a 1/4" thick block under the engine, or else trim off the fuselage sides and top 1/4", or else move the firewall forward 1/4". 

I was just downstairs measuring, and actually there's about 1/8" clearance behind the prop as is; so you might get by with a 1/8" spacer and a little sandpaper.

Not a major problem; just FYI.

--Ray

frank carlisle:
Hey Ray---we could almost call the 1/2A forum the Minnesota Modeler page!! Not too shabby.

j1 j1 j1 **) **) y1 y1 :! :! AP^

minnesotamodeler:
Just goes to show you I'm a glutton for punishment...not many modelers specializing in the little stuff, they're smarter than that.

--Ray

Bill Little:

--- Quote from: minnesotamodeler on December 14, 2006, 03:45:50 PM ---Bill, I set up the Snapper firewall for a long-tank Cox (Black Widow, Golden Bee, etc.)--to use a Babe Bee you will have to use a 1/4" thick block under the engine, or else trim off the fuselage sides and top 1/4", or else move the firewall forward 1/4". 

I was just downstairs measuring, and actually there's about 1/8" clearance behind the prop as is; so you might get by with a 1/8" spacer and a little sandpaper.

Not a major problem; just FYI.

--Ray

--- End quote ---

Hi Ray,

Thanks for that information!  I have a few of the big tank Cox engines, so I will go with one!  I have only flown one .049 in the past 40 years!  **)

I am REALLY looking more forward to this one each day.  ;D

Bill <><

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version