News:

• May 30, 2024, 11:52:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kids Flying  (Read 992 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Kids Flying
« on: August 23, 2009, 12:21:12 PM »
Here are two kids flying a Black Hawk Models EZ TRAINER

I hope that you enjoy
Larry

Offline Bill Barber

• Commander
Re: Kids Flying
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 05:16:51 PM »
                               As a father who's daughter is now 23 this brought back a lot of good memories . You forget how competitive girls can be and how they want to please their dads.    Good times !
                   Bill
AMA 325076

Offline Jeff Beach

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 11:28:47 PM »
Hi, my name is Jeff. I'm the proud dad at the beginning of the video with Jessica and Jenna.
I have been working with them all summer; but Jessica really took off (pun intended) when she went to the
control line camp at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo.

Through unfortunate circumstances (plant closed and out of work) I was fortunate enough to have the time to
be able to help out with the control line camp. I can't find the words to express how much fun I had. Its very
rewarding teaching kids something you love.

We had nine kids in the camp for one week. They spent their days learning basic aerodynamics, touring the museum,
and building their own EZ trainer from Black Hawk Models. They were able to fly every day using Flight Streak Trainers
that club members donated for use. On Friday they got to actually fly their own airplane.

The kids had a blast; some said it was the best camp they ever went to. There is talk of adding more classes next
summer.  I know Jessica cant wait.

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:51:42 PM »
Bravo Jessica, and Jenna!  H^^  H^^

Jeff,

What lovely and talented girls you have. Almost makes me wish mine were that young  again.

I was flying R/C when my kids were little, and couldn't get any of them interested. In retrospect, I think I should have gone back to control line then.  HB~>

There is something magical about feeling your airplane flying, and that is missing with R/C.

Bill

Happily flying control line again, after a forty nine year break!
Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Offline Frank Sheridan

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 03:44:29 PM »
I remember back in the early seventies when a friend (it might have been Richard Grogan) and I were discussing the lack of girls in model aviation. We came to the conclusion that there must be at least a couple of girls in this hobby - and it turns out that there are. But we were about 30 years too early! Good video of youth discovering the joy of flying.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 04:23:54 PM »
That is a great video and the expression on the second girls face is priceless.  We need more girls in modeling and I am trying to get my  two grandaughters to get out.  ALso the grandson.  Keep up the good flying young ladies.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Mark Misegadis

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 12:40:29 PM »
Very Very cool, 

I need to send this video link to some friends. The looks on those two girls faces is something else!!!  That flying circle is something we dont see here..! Wish we had one! 

Mark

Offline GEOFFREY

• Commander
  • Northwest Fireballs
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 07:43:05 PM »
Don curry's grandchildren  at delta park  Monday.  Tim soloed and sister gotht a couple short flights . Hope Don reads this and fills in age ect. .015 os on arkromaster
GEOFFREY L CHRISTIANSON  AMA 824607             DELTA PARK Portland Or.

Offline Don Curry AMA 267060

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 09:44:27 PM »
My grand daughter is Noelle. she is 14 and that was her first attempt at any kind of model flying. She did a very nice job but was hampered by a couple of bad engine runs. She told me I need to fix it! turned out to be a hole in the fuel line... so it is fixed and she flew almost the entire tank out. My grandson Tim has a total of 9 solo flights and is ready to go again .

Don

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 10:16:32 PM »
Don,

Tim and Noelle are great kids, and an absolute joy to have at the field.  H^^

Grandma and Grandpa deserve a lot of credit as well, because wonderful kids like that  surely have good family support!  H^^

Hope to see all of you at the field, on Friday.
Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here