News:

• May 06, 2024, 01:24:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: small C/L profile plane with tricycle gear  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Dave Nyce

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Hooters restaurant on Oahu
    • Revolution Sensor Company
small C/L profile plane with tricycle gear
« on: November 03, 2014, 02:06:42 PM »
Does anyone know of an old profile kit having a 23 1/2" span, built-up wing, tricycle gear, and side-mount engine? 
I dug out some old partially assembled parts from a profile C/L plane with tricycle gear and a built-up wing.  I've mostly repaired and re-assembled it, but am trying to figure out what was the name of the plane.  It has a 23 1/2 inch wingspan, with a hardwood and plywood mount for a side-mounted engine.  The engine would probably be about a .010 size.  Bent wires for the main gear are each assembled to a rib.  That looked weak, so I doubled each with a plywood rib.  The fuselage has a slot under the wing so the main gear wire can pass through the fuselage as the wing is slid into the fuselage for assembly (then the slot will be closed after assembly).  I'll include a photo after I get the wing assembled to the fuselage. 
Thanks

Dave
Dave Nyce   New Bern, NC 
AMA: L356

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: small C/L profile plane with tricycle gear
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 11:20:27 PM »
Sounds British to me, but not familiar enough with their kits to hazard a guess. Got any old Aeromodeller magazines to look at? I'll see what I can find. Sounds about right for a 1/2cc diesel.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here