News:

• May 10, 2024, 05:37:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/2a Twin  (Read 849 times)

Offline Jacob Godsey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
1/2a Twin
« on: July 04, 2013, 06:04:36 PM »
Hey guys,

I recently managed to get a hold of 5 Babe Bees. Each one runs and has been thoroughly gone through. I made reeds for each one, put in new pick up lines, and polished them up. Four of them are the older style with the thin cylinder. The fifth one is a standard slit exhaust. Being that I have a decent number of these I have decided to try my first twin plane. Starting and running these engines will not be an issue. Each one is a one flip start when warm and they run very consistently.

I have seen that PDK offers some twin planes. I may try and see if I can purchase some plans from him as I prefer to scratch build. Outerzone yielded the Hot Tube and a Twin Mustang called Betty Joe. Brodak also offers a twin kit.

Does anyone else know of a twin engine plane? I am really itching to try one. It can be either built up or profile. Profile would probably be better as it will likely end badly as I learn to handle two engines. Having a slate wing will allow me to just glue it back together and keep flying!

I fully intend to do a build log and flight videos of this entire project as soon as I decided which one to build.

Two Engines straight from the test stand. Next up for polishing. The left one has a W-filament head. Both have one bypass port. No SPI. Standard compression glow heads. I was swapping the spring starter around between them. The red cam broke at one point. Not sure how. Easy enough to replace.

Rolla

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 1/2a Twin
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 06:52:24 PM »
My BlackHawk Mosquito Twin. Easy build, lots of fun to fly. http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=30522.0;attach=122218;image
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Jim Roselle

Re: 1/2a Twin
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 07:45:18 PM »
If you're looking for a slab wing profile it's pretty easy and rewarding to design one yourself. Here's mine:

Easy, fast building project and lots of fun!

Jim

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here