News:

• May 09, 2024, 02:38:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Norvel wristpin problem  (Read 869 times)

Online kenneth cook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Norvel wristpin problem
« on: March 31, 2013, 11:23:10 AM »
            Yesterday my son and I got into a combat match and all was going extremely well. Due to my plane getting a bad start, I was forced to land and refuel. During landing which was a fairly abrupt stop, the wristpin came out of the piston and slid into the port hole of the liner. Unfortunately, it put a quick end to our fun but the engine wasn't ruined. How do you restake the wristpin ? This is one major disadvantage of these engines if you break a rod. I'm quite certain someone has bent a rod using an electric starter. This is a first for me with these engines. I run the snot out of them too. If anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears. Ken

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
Re: Norvel wristpin problem
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 06:34:09 AM »
Hello Ken,
I don't have any smart answers, except making a slightly larger pin if you have the facilities. But then you will have problems with getting it through the piston. I suppose you could step it and rely on a tight fit in one side of the piston. I used to have access to lots of liquid nitrogen so I always used it to cool whatever and slip it in place quickly before it warmed up. But being retired I am now stuck. GE have even raised the plant to the ground!
Let us know if you solved the problem, I use Norvels and would file away any tips you may have. Who knows, it could be me next!

Regards,

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Offline Fred von Gortler

• New Pilot
Re: Norvel wristpin problem
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 02:04:22 PM »
Hello Ken as this is a few months old I bet you got the answer

I left you a PM on the Cox engine site

Advertise Here
Tags: