News:

• April 19, 2024, 11:56:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brain Fade Boo Boo  (Read 793 times)

Online Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Brain Fade Boo Boo
« on: October 07, 2018, 04:08:27 PM »
I have been practicing the Old Time Pattern lately. So this morning I started the AMA pattern with my Sky Sport.

Confusion!  HB~>

Indecision coming out of the outsides resulted in a sharp interaction with the pavement.  >:D

Happily, there was surprisingly little actual damage. The wire loops locking the nose gear sheared, the tank came unglued from its mounting plate two vortex generators got scraped off and the nose wheel hub shattered.

Not a lot of time required to repair it.

Moral of the story is to mentally rehearse your flight plan before you start the motor.  H^^
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Brain Fade Boo Boo
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 12:10:26 AM »
Sorry you had the incident, but glad the damage is all repairable!  Old Time Stunt next weekend at the Basin on Saturday! PAMPA on Sunday.

I was not mentally collected this morning due to an all-nighter assembly session on the Legacy. So I just stayed on the ground. Not as much fun, but no repairs tonight. There is no more room on the bench for repairs, rebuilds or OPPs! So it was time for discretion, not valor.

McDivot

PS--Thank you very much for showing me the monoline handle. That gave a very good idea of the freedom of motion and lack of friction. Also about the "drift" in control position with consecutive loops. Didn't think of that one, either....

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here