News:

• May 20, 2024, 04:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DICK SARPOLUS KITS  (Read 2042 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
DICK SARPOLUS KITS
« on: July 11, 2011, 06:49:07 AM »
     Black Hawk Models has offered an extensive line of Dick Sarpolus kits for the last couple of years.  We will be starting a program of replacing these kits with different 1/2A models over the summer.  The first of these new kits is finishing the prototype type stage and will be out next week.  The bottom line;  if you are thinking about getting a Dick Sarpolus kit you might want to do it now. 

Larry

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: DICK SARPOLUS KITS
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 09:17:09 PM »
Larry, I am sorry to hear this, Dick has done yeoman service to produce flyable/stuntable sheet models.  I suppose you have really good reason to phase out the planes, but perhaps you can still sell plans?  Or are they Flying Models property?

I am very impressed with the Sarpolous Corsair I am building (slowly, very slowly), and am looking forward to flying it.  I would have had it flying by now, excppt that I eventually want to compete in scale with it.  As such, I have been digging up scale data, and doing a much better finish than I would have, otherwise, done.

The basic kit was just fine as is, but as you know, I am a fanatic.  Well enough alone, is never good enough.   VD~
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 10:26:11 PM »
     It is all economics.  Outside of a couple of spurts they have not sold very well.  They will be phased out of the catalogs but if someone wants one I will be able to do a one off for them.  Sheet models are nice when no one else has the plans but Dick is giving plans away and Flying Models is selling them.  While that may be part of the problem we have to many of them in our line up e.g. if you are offering 1 kit and you sell 6 of them you are doing well but if you have 12 different kits and sell 6 then you are not doing so well.  We will be keeping the Nobler and may even add landing gear to it and we may keep one or two others. 
      The first replacement kit is a Paul E. Del Gatto design that we are adding an airfoil shaped wing to.  When I first started black Hawk Models I offered 5 profile kits with airfoil wings and the Field reports were very good.  We have renamed this kit "Boston Blackie" and I have started on the second model "Sabre Jet".  One advantage to the down size is that these planes will fly on the less expensive engines. 
      Dick is a great guy and I am sure that he understands.  I personally really like his planes and who knows, when things get better ....

Larry

Offline roger

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 09:03:55 AM »
im sorry to hear this bad news. i dont quite understand it but i hope he's not sinking the whole boat.
roger :'(

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 09:24:02 AM »
     Black Hawk Models currently produces over 100 different model kits, because one line of kits are not selling well does not mean that Black Hawk Models is going under.  As the second or third largest control line manufacture with world wide distribution I think that we will be around for awhile.

Larry

Offline roger

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 03:29:06 PM »
 #^yeeahhhh

Offline roger

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 06:59:57 AM »
larry
where can i get the decals for the corsair from sarpouls kit? and dose he sell the prints only?
roger

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 08:29:54 AM »
I (the other Larry) am working up the decor for the Sarpoulos Corsair I am building.  I can send it to you as a .pdf or .jpg.  You can then print it out on decal paper.  See my Corsair thread to see what the deco will look like.

DesignMan

Offline roger

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 09:47:12 AM »
larry i dont understand to much about all that stuff you talked about ,but if you can print all that stuff you men

tioned id be glad to pay you. for it
r zavoda 4951 lane rd. perry twp. ohio 44081
thanks H^^

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 10:33:47 AM »
From Larry at Black Hawk Models:

I can send you the full, fuel proof, decal sheet from the kit along with full size plans and all for only $38.00 plus $5.00 shipping .... heck I will even throw in some wood and hardware.  >:D

Offline roger

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 10:57:34 AM »
gee larry i only need the decals the plane is almost built but thanks the de. is all i need
roger #^ ;D

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 10:13:02 AM »
I have sent roger the high rez version via e-mail.  It is too big to post here.  The low rez version is posted on my Corsair thread in this forum along with a photo of the full scale aircraft.

DesignMan

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »
Roger, I have tried to send you the file for the artwork, but it appears that your listed e-address is no good.  Contact me and I will send you the file.  Left click on my name, and you will get my e-address.

DesignMan

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 05:41:55 AM »
I think that in order for a kit company to stay in business they have to renew the line up every so often. Most modelers will build a model only once and then he'll want something new. Older models stay on file and orders for discontinued kits can be filled one at a time. It's a tuff business and I admire Larry and all the other guys that produce kits.
Frank Carlisle

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here