Building Tips and technical articles. > 1/2 A building.

Baby Clown ARF progress

(1/3) > >>

Larry Renger:
I have finally flown the Baby Clown ARF.  I used a Medallion .049 and a 6x3 black C*x prop (new mold).  42.5'lines, my Ultimate 1/2A handle.  I am not totally thrilled with the engine run, but will put on a KK pressure backplate (the one with the ball-check valve) to even out the engine run.  The wing has a slight warp, but the plane did insides and outsides just fine.  There is a photo posted in the ARF section.  I see a lot of potential here!

Roger Vizioli:
Larry,
Will follow your progress on this one.
My .049 Norvel needs a home.
While at the Brodak Fly In, strolling through the Hobby shop, not planning to buy anything (though I did each of the five times I went in there  y1 ), I bought a "beam mount" (also White) ARF Baby Clown.
Roger

Larry Renger:
With a Norvel .049, you probably will have to go out to 45' lines.  Also, at least a 1 oz. tank.  It may then become noseheavy.  This isn't a big plane (135 sq.in compared to 180 sq.in. for my Sky Sport) so you really have to pay attention to weight.  Mine is at 6.6 ounces currently.

Roger Vizioli:
Yep!
Thanks Larry!
Roger

Robert Mathison:
HI LARRY, I have a 28" TWISTER with a BIG MIG .049 and fly it on 52' lines with out any problem, any thing less than 52' is not that much fun

BOB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version