Building Tips and technical articles. > 1/2 A building.

1/2a Sig Akromaster

(1/3) > >>

ray copeland:
From a Sig Akromaster kit, used the original leading edge, ribs and wingtips. Target weight was 10 oz. came in at 10.7. Norvel .061 with Brodak 1 1/4 oz tank. Put up 2 flights today, first one the prop wash was siphoning fuel from the tank. Fixed that and the second flight was great, did all maneuvers but the squares and four leaf, leaned out a little at the end and so ran the tank out, landing was perfect. 45 foot power pro lines and cox 5x3 prop, will try an apc 5.5x2.5 next time the wind dies enough to do 1/2a. Used light balsa for the replacement parts and changed the tailfeathers a bit.  I like it a lot!!!

john e. holliday:
A 3 X 5 prop!!!   On my 1/2A's I usually use a 6 X 3 APC prop.  Glad the plane is working for you. H^^

ray copeland:
Doc, it's a cox 5x3 rubber ducky!

Mark Mc:
Ray, I would not use the rubber ducky again.  Those are not made for the high revs that a Novel will turn.  I shed a blade on a rubber ducky while running a Babe Bee that was running at almost 20K.  A tweaked Bee, but I didn't expect to get that high of an RPM.

Mark

Larry Renger:
Sadly, recent Cox props don’t seem to be as good as they should be. If you have one, flex it. If you see surface cracking, throw it away or return it to the vendor. Originally they could be bent double without harm.

The correct formula is VIRGIN Nylon6-6 with no regrind. Anything less is subject to fracture as noted. I had a recent prop shed a blade on starting! Ridiculous safety risk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version