Building Tips and technical articles. > 1/2 A building.

1/2A Flying Supply Dealer/Mfgs

<< < (2/2)

ray copeland:
Jerry, this is my starting setup. Super glue reinforement to sides of Sullivan clip. Battery box is from Radio Shack, uses 2AA for 2.4 volts, hot enough to get a flooded engine going but not enough amps to hurt the glo plug. I use rechargeable camera batteries and have used this set up all summer . The battery box needs a few drops of epoxy for support on the weak parts inside, obvious when you remove the cover. DuBro also made a Kwik Klip for 1/2a if you can find one. They stay on good, too good for me with engine running!

Jerry Bohn:
Thanks for the info and advice, thats what I needed.

LARRY RICE:
Sig Mfg. and Brodack both offer 1/2a supplies by mail and sell on line. How did you like the kit?
Larry

Jerry Bohn:
Larry, Great kit, got about 1/2 build this week-end. Didn't have a lot of building time.
Town is celebrating Octoberfest and today, I flushed out two cars and put in new antifreeze after working out at the gym this morning. Will work on kit in the morning ,don't have to be to school custodian job till 2:45pm.
"Stunt Trainer" kit is just what I was looking for.

Jerry Bohn:
I wound up ordering a 1/2A Flying Kit from Brodak, it had fuel, handle, lines, fuling syringe, control horns, glow connector and linkages. Good enough for getting everything I need to get flying. Kit had everything I needed, one stop shopping, just like I was looking for. All for $20. If I get into more 1/2A's I think I would start to gather better supplies as I learn more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version