News:

• May 13, 2024, 04:41:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Introduction!  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Ron Cribbs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Introduction!
« on: October 30, 2012, 12:51:15 PM »
Hello,

I usually frequent the Cox Engine Forum, but as I find myself doing more flying than collecting these days. I figured I would visit here and see how the other half live.

I am pretty new on the CL scene, picked up the handle for the first time 6-8 months ago. I cut my teeth on a Li'l Wizard and quickly moved on from there. I fly as often as possible ans I am usually always building something. Currently in the works is a Li'l Satan. Because of my love for Cox engines I have mostly 1/2A models although I think I am ready to step up to full size.

Looking forward to chatting with you fine folks in the near future.

Ron
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:57:39 PM by Ron Cribbs »

Offline Paul Wood

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Introduction!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 03:46:24 PM »
Welcome aboard Ron.  You'll love this group.  If it can be done, someone here has done it and is always happy to help.  You'll find tons of info in the 1/2 A forum, so enjoy the ride.

Paul

Offline Ron Cribbs

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 04:10:03 PM »
Thanks Paul!

I am glad to be able to converse on a forum strickly dedicated to CL. How cool is that!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 04:31:11 PM »
Well you can't ask for a better site than this one.   Well come aboard.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 07:11:41 PM »
Hi Ron,

Welcome to the asylum!  The people on this section of the site really know their 1/2A stuff!  We even have Larry Renger who was a designer (among other things) at Cox back in the day.
Most of all, HAVE FUN!!

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 11:41:49 PM »
Petit moi?   LL~
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline George

• Admiral
  • Love people, Use things.
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 04:55:53 PM »
Ron,

You will find some of the folks from the Cox Engine forum on this (and other) sites.  Welcome!  y1

George
George Bain
AMA 23454

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 02:47:40 AM »
Hello Ron,
Welcome to the forum. The folks here are well worth listening too. I learnt what I know from them about 1/2A. My first plane was a 0.5cc diesel powered stunter and 55 years later I am still learning 1/2 A stuff, thanks to people here. I fly Cox stuff and also more modern higher powered stunters. A fascinating facet of our hobby and people here could not be more helpful, even if I am an old curmudgeon.

Regards,

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Online kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 03:58:26 AM »
              Hello Ron, glad to see you made it. I was fortunate enough to meet Ron in person last weekend in the midst of the hurricane. Although flying wasn't a premium that afternoon , my son still managed to get some flights in. Ron has an overwhelming amount of gravity surges on his flying site which has claimed the life of his Baby Ringmaster and Jumping Bean. We certainly would like to resolve that issue. Ken

Offline Ron Cribbs

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 09:55:53 AM »
Ha!

Both the Bean and BRM are back in action though!

Not smacking them in every other flight would be a plus. Practice, practice, practice.

Offline Ron Cribbs

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 06:22:35 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas, I will post some pics of the fleet here soon. I just sealed the deal on an original Cosmic Wind and a Yak-9 So I am going to try my hand In the big leagues. Not to worry though as 1/2A is my true love.

I still need to knock out my Veco "Scout" and I really liked Ken's "Tomahawk" which I have plans for.

I also have a Flying clown and a "Perky" to do. Goodnight I had better slow down. I will post a pic of my finished Li'l Satan soon and hopefully a video of a successful flight!

Ron

Online kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 11:18:29 PM »
          Ron, keep up the building. You certainly are knocking them out. I've fallen into a slump where I have many projects started and none completed. Another fellow on here built a Baby Tomahawk as well which was really a nice looking model. Mine has been through the mill. I love it however. Early on, I learned a very important lesson. I had too long of a fuel line on the plane. I never thought much of it until the day I was in the overhead the fuel line decided it was going to flip into the prop. The prop took the line and the tank and it tore from the plane and the plane now coming back at me lines slack, smashed nose first into the asphalt. At the time, I was using a Tee Dee on the plane. Although the engine got dinged up, the wings just departed. That really upset me and totally took me by surprise. I should've done a complete rebuild but I repaired it. It's a bit heavy now but still flies well. My level of flying at that particular time led me to believe that I was beyond those kind of incidents. It was a reality check and I really felt stupid that something so minor could've created that kind of problem. Ken

Offline James Strickland

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 12:18:06 AM »
Hi Ron, sorry I'm late, but welcome!!!!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here