News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:05:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Limit on size and number of pictures per posting.  (Read 23799 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Limit on size and number of pictures per posting.
« on: May 10, 2016, 06:31:38 AM »
Stunthanger's limit on the number and sizes of pictures per posting is quite small.  I understand that there needs to be some limit on the amount of capacity that can be used in total.

But, in actual practice, people who want the post A LOT of pitchers simply make several postings and still, in some cases, take up a bigger bite of capacity.  Doesn't the use of multiple postings eat up even more capacity than perhaps doubling or tripling the pictures per post? 

Maybe if the pictures per post are increased there could be a warning to make ONLY ONE posting per event.
Paul Smith

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Limit on size and number of pictures per posting.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 09:34:51 PM »
Hey, I like looking at pictures of events I can't make it to.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 10:53:52 PM »
Pictures, as they come out of cameras these days, are huge.  You can make decent pictures that come in at under 100kB, if you talk to your photo editor software correctly.  That gives you ten pictures per post, which is quite a bit to wade through without commentary.

Alternately, you can post the pictures to some hosting site and post links here.

There's also a photo gallery, and it appears that you can just upload pictures to it.  Then you can grab the image address and post a link here -- like this one, posted by Elwyn Aud and captioned as Bob Dixon's Crystal:

AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 07:14:20 AM »
I'm not sure, but vaguely recall Sparky increasing the number of pictures allowed per post, but left the total kb at 1,000. If you can't post at least 10 pictures per post (average of 100kb each), you need to get cozy with IrfanView or the photo processing software of your choice. Stuka Stunt is still 50kb per picture, as far as I know, and that can be challenging, but usually only a problem when the picture has too much meaningless clutter, like a close-up of a model sitting on a lawn or another complex background, like exposed aggregate concrete. It's just not that hard to do, at least not with IrfanView. As always, Simple and FREE.   D>K Steve 

1) Crop your picture
B) Resize your picture
IIV) Compress your picture

"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 10:12:16 AM »
Pictures, as they come out of cameras these days, are huge.  You can make decent pictures that come in at under 100kB ....
Beautiful shot!  ;D  Wish I could catch one like that!   :-\

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here