News:

• March 29, 2024, 08:34:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bizzare Subjects .  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Bizzare Subjects .
« on: January 06, 2016, 08:57:41 PM »

Ive got a aeromodellor or RCM&E plan for one of these , reputed to fly well . Could be Just the Thing for Combat . . . or F2B .  ;D

apparently he had to modify the tail though . S?P Likely wouldnt need the rigging wires .  LL~ Fearfully Modern ! its got a TRIKE undecarriage

The plans about 48 in span / dia. I think , and pretty simple . Radial ribs thatd need reworking to symetrical to try stunt .
Ive to much to do to try it at present , but theres a few other strange Mac Hines I will put on . Here .

Have to be reasonably practicable , if youd like to add any. Thanks .

http://aviadejavu.ru/Site/Crafts/Craft32576.htm

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
Re: Bizzare Subjects .
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 12:06:31 AM »
Lee-Richards annular plane, 1913-1914. Flew well and had good performance for their time. Unfortunately, there was a war, and conventional planes were developed fast. These planes were well engineered and developed in a series. Test results printed in "Flight", 4/10/24. 'some of my favorite planes.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 08:36:42 PM »
1924 !  :o

Youd be well over 90 then .  :##

S?P ;D n1

Id better drag out the tandem wing sucker & post it here . My theorys anything over 30 % or 1/3 wing area Aft . is Tandem wing . %^@ VD~

H^^

Be intresting to see how that Donut works , aerobatically .

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 09:09:09 PM »
You can think of it as a joined-wing tandem. The Warren-Young planes of a couple decades later were more straight-winged, but swept. I think all of these annulars and otherwise joined-wing tandems are a bit more "stable" - i.e. they'll take a bit more effort to pitch.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 07:28:43 PM »
Send you the plan & mag , if you want it . Radio Models or somesuch , cover queen .

youre probably wright , as theres wings everywhere there , Thisis the Tandem Turkey I was on about though .
If ' someone '  ^-^ wanted to do a pisstake on the wee tailplane sods , a semi scale whowever you pronounce it , would be pretty simple to knock together .

Seems its back in flight , about the time of the Ark , too . https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1936/1936%20-%202533.html

Just had to remember the name & figure how to spwel it . Google Pics gets the Info.

Another One for the Intrepid Birdman .

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 07:51:02 PM »
Here it is in Vivid Tecnocolour , for your appreciation .

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 07:16:32 PM »
Third of my ' how peculiar ' - that looks like it'd work '  subjects .The Floh . VD~

from outerzone .

Maybe they thought the poms would die laughing ?  :-\

photo of a model with flat wings , why bother with the diheadral . Maye stiff 1/32 balsa 2 ply for the fuse - sides ??

Save on centersection struts , anyway . Good for a four foot span hack ?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 07:38:56 PM by Matt Spencer »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here