News:

• April 26, 2024, 05:58:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: still good people  (Read 1797 times)

Offline bob whitney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
still good people
« on: February 13, 2016, 03:45:48 PM »
Meant to put this on the open forum
my Faith in my fellow man was revived last night.

was having dinner last night at Sonny;s BBQ with some of my free flight friends when one of the guys went into cardiac arrest, his body completely shut down ,he is in his high 70's or low 80's . we are all over 60.

when the commotion started and we hollered to each other to call 911 ,people came from all directions to help . they pulled him from the booth before most of us could get out ourselves and a woman was on top of him the minate he was on the floor giving him CPR .with in a minate he came back ,these same people stayed with us and made him comfortable as possable and cleared a way for the paramedics to get to him

after he was taken to the hospital a half a dozen Strangers went back to their COLD meals as if nothing had happened. After thanking everyone we all (8 of us ) went home with a Worm feeling for some strangers that Cared and did what they had to do without thinking twice

we talked to my FF friend on the phone today and he is doing fine ,thanks to some new Best Friends ,even if they dint know it.
rad racer

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: still good people
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 04:56:13 PM »
Yes there are good people out there.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 07:10:34 AM »
LOL, Sonny's BBQ, not the best diet choice for an 80 year old.

MM

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
I have always stated that there are more good people than bad.  This proves the point.  Thank you so much for passing the story on and please tell your friend that there are a lot of us out here thinking of him.
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 11:04:29 AM »
What Glenn said.  It's hard to be loudly and obtrusively good, so the good ones generally stay quiet until it counts.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here