News:

• April 24, 2024, 05:32:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Watch for it, it's HOT! And it's on the drawing board.  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Watch for it, it's HOT! And it's on the drawing board.
« on: February 05, 2016, 06:46:18 PM »
A project I started a bit back that I mentioned a few times. Some of it is on my drawing board and some of it is in my drawing program. CAD.

I hope my project is well received.

Charles

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline JIM Nordin

• Lieutenant
Re: Watch for it, it's HOT! And it's on the drawing board.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 07:51:54 PM »
Interesting what's the specs

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 08:27:36 PM »
Interesting what's the specs

Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

The specs are undetermined at the moment. Reason is because I have the "Boss" in CAD, and with a simple click, I can scale it to any size I want if need be. 1/13 scale, as I said, or there about at the moment.

These are the measurements I have the "Boss" drawn at currently:

Wingspan, 53"

Length, 32"

Power, OS LA 46

Prop, scale 5 blade if it works, and I believe I can pull it off, If not I'll go with a 3 blade.

The model will have detachable floats but will not be able to land in water. Floats will be equipted with wheels for flying of pavement only.

Considering retracts, flaps, throttle and surface detail.

Not a stunter, designed purely for scale or fun scale.

All sheet construction, no open bays. Floats will be a killer but I know I can do it.

I've been on this one a long long time.

Inspired by a fellow modeler.

Thanks again for the reply.

Charles

If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 10:07:45 PM »
so Charles what CAD program are you using, I thought you used a graphics program not a CAD program,, so I am curious what you stepped up and bought since then
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 10:09:34 PM »
by the way, I build Air Tractors,, and have all the factory manuals for them,, also manufactured the Certified installation for Walter M601 turboprops on the AT 400, 401 AND 502 airframes,, this is an what you show is an AT-802 on floats, the Boss I believe they callit,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 06:20:39 AM »
That is really cool....very different. We flew off a float pond for large CL scale model and cut out some foam floats. But you could build the floats in left and right half (formers) and then sheet them. Great paint job....

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 05:34:45 AM »
That is really cool....very different. We flew off a float pond for large CL scale model and cut out some foam floats. But you could build the floats in left and right half (formers) and then sheet them. Great paint job....

Fred

Fred,

Thanks for the reply. The floats will have to support the entire model. And I'd like to have retracts in them.

The gear wire has to be attached to the fuselage, for removal, then continue down into the floats AND be part of the retracts.

A bit going on there, so the floats will most likely be last as far as construction.

I have to give some thought to the design.

Be nice if there was just a kit this size.

Thanks for the reply.

Charles

Offline Wade Bognuda

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 06:01:22 AM »
Mark,

Air Tractor's are real nice flying airplanes!! As I'm sure you know!

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 01:22:10 PM »
Mark,

Air Tractor's are real nice flying airplanes!! As I'm sure you know!
Always wanted to fly one of the beasts, but my all-too-short spray career never got to where I could afford one!  I stiull have it on my bucket list!
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here