News:

• April 23, 2024, 01:12:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Who wants an ASP S15A?  (Read 3318 times)

Offline bill bischoff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Who wants an ASP S15A?
« on: January 24, 2016, 12:17:03 PM »
Hobbypartz has been sold out for ages, and Tower and Hobby People are both out of the Magnum XLS 15A. I even read somewhere that the engine is discontinued, but have found no confirmation of that.  So....

I am considering buying a bunch of engines from AliExpress. It looks like I could sell them for $60- $65 each, plus shipping to you. Shipping to me is included in the cost of the engine. I am trying to get an idea of how many engines I could sell to know how many I should buy. If interested, leave a reply. This is not a firm commitment, I am just looking for a ballpark number.

Bill Bischoff

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
Re: Who wants an ASP S15A?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 01:05:20 PM »
bill

Recently there was a discussion on using a modern .15 on the nose of a Ring master.... I bought a RM S-1 thinking a place for a Fox .35 that I already have, but the .15 debate inspired me to explore this option

Bret Buck was unsure if a .15 OS LA would fill the bill but real certain the OS .15 FP was a good combo.... Searches for a 0S .15 FP found a few but over priced as I have the Fox .35 already

Off to the the Hobby king site and no joy... ( I have no idea if the offered and in stock AP .15 rear exhaust for $32+/- is worth my time) available from both USA warehouses

I am interested in ONLY 1 if similar to the OS .15 FP and well under the cost of a used OS .15 FP.

What I experience ( I own a few Magnum and ASP already) is they are near clones of the OS engines but much less cost.. I know I am a cheap skate
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 02:13:41 PM »
Fred, the ASP is a different animal than a 15 FP. It is dual ball bearing, thus heavier, and designed to be more powerful. If you are looking for a cheap substitute for the 15 FP, this isn't it. These engines are popular in 15 size RC combat, and CL sport Goodyear racing.

Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
    • Circlemasters Flying club
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 01:21:09 PM »
Put me down for 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731
EAA 1231299 UAS Certificate Number FA39HY9ML7  Member of the Milwaukee Circlemasters. A Gold Leader Club for over 25 years!  http://www.circlemasters.com/

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 07:44:45 AM »
  On the Hobby People website, there are 47 engines in stock. To check put 48 engines in the cart.
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php/magnum-xls-15-two-stroke-rc-engine.html

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 10:33:04 AM »
Thanks, Al. The other day they didn't have them. Good to see them come back in stock.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here