News:

• May 04, 2024, 06:47:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Commercials?  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Bob Wiegand

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Commercials?
« on: February 04, 2017, 07:39:19 PM »
Anyone notice that there seem to be a lot of commercial messages on this forum, and nobody really posting anything else?

Just thought I'd  S?P

My fireproof suit is on.

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
Re: Commercials?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 01:47:21 PM »
As a seller and promoter of racing products, let me assure you I don't get rich off this stuff. I offer hard to find things to help other racers. "Where do I get XXXX?" is a common question, so I try to make the answer easy to find. As the President of NCLRA, I do however wish people were writing and sharing more about racing.

Bill Bischoff  :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:02:15 PM by bill bischoff »

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 04:05:21 PM »
I'd rather see the commercial messages than some of the stuff that is posted on hers.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bob Wiegand

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 09:02:17 PM »
Bill, and all,

I was lamenting the lack of posting here and using the commercialization in the latest messages to try to make my point.  I was in no way trying to stifle free trade and commerce.  I guess I did a poor job at humor.

I will continue to support the cottage industries on this forum as best as I can.  I have had several part time/full time small businesses, and as Bill said, you "don't get rich doing this." 

Anyway, it was too quiet in here and I thought to shake it up a bit.  So, start posting already!  This your forum, not just the people who do all the work!   R%%%%

Offline Clint Taylor

• 2018 Supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 10:11:13 AM »
I ordered a handle,some tanks and a fuel bottle from Bill last week.  He had them to me in no time.  The craftsmanship is of a very high caliber.  I hope to eventually get to Dallas from Carlsbad to try some speed and racing flying.  I am glad people like Bill and other small producers are around to promote the hobby.  I will try to post some pictures of some new planes, if I ever manage to get them built.  In my small town I am probably the only control line flyer, so online is where I get most of my information and inspiration.

Offline Bob Wiegand

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 12:48:19 PM »
I am in the same boat (plane?) and look to sites like this for information.  Just looking to stimulate some conversation.  Looks like I may have done just that!   y1

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »
Bob, have you been to nclra.org yet?

Bill

Offline Bob Wiegand

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 07:03:41 AM »
Yup!  I sure have!  What a great site!

I especially enjoyed the torque roll newsletter dedicated to Mouse Racing.  Good input from everyone.  It answered a lot of my questions.

Also, I'm now building two Clowns.  One for NCLRA rules and one for northeast rules like Middlesex and Brodaks.  I hope to make it to the Nats in 2017, but we'll have to see how the money spends, if you know what I mean.

I have spoken to Jim Brady off and on, mostly before last years Nats, and he was very helpful too.  I have said this many times over the last thirty five years, that I wish everyone were as nice and helpful and just great to be around as model plane people.  Still true.

Anyway, Thanks Bill, and hope to meet you soon.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here