News:

• April 18, 2024, 02:43:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Video I did for my You Tube Veiwers Explaining the Stunt Pattern  (Read 5870 times)

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
This is a video I did for my You Tube Veiwers explaining the Stunt Pattern as many of them  have asked what it is all about and what the stunts are.
Just a play by play of some flying I did today with the Brodak Electric P-40B ARF. Just wanted to show the maneuvers in the order they are flown and a brief description.

This is sorta preaching to the choir to all you on here.

Trying to get more of 'em intersted in some Control Lines. Several of my viewers have informed me that they got kits built and getting back into it.

Whoooooooo Buddy))))))
Shug

Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Mark Knoepfle

• 2016 supporter
  • Lieutenant
Re: Video I did for my You Tube Veiwers Explaining the Stunt Pattern
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 10:56:01 PM »
Nice Shug. Could you do one for old time stunt too?

Thank you,
Mark

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 06:28:21 AM »
Nice Shug. Could you do one for old time stunt too?

Thank you,
Mark
Someday.....I need to learn that pattern.
Thankee.
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 05:53:48 PM »
OT is way easier, and you get to fly some really cool OT models like the entire Zilch series, Still Stuka, Barnstormer, StuntWing, Jameson Special, Adam's Special, and countless more! Hughe number of the OT kits available from RSM and Brodak not to mention the other kit people and plan services.

Of course all these require you actually build them, but you already can do that.

Love your videos, very concise presentations.  #^

You need a better lit background though, the model dissapears when flying low against the trees.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 06:21:18 PM »
OT is way easier, and you get to fly some really cool OT models like the entire Zilch series, Still Stuka, Barnstormer, StuntWing, Jameson Special, Adam's Special, and countless more! Hughe number of the OT kits available from RSM and Brodak not to mention the other kit people and plan services.

Of course all these require you actually build them, but you already can do that.

Love your videos, very concise presentations.  #^

You need a better lit background though, the model dissapears when flying low against the trees.
Well that is the only place I can sneak out to fly right now so will have to suffice.
Better than nothing I reckon. Plus most of what counts is in the blue sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:49:16 PM by Shug Emery »
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 06:53:48 PM »
Good video.  The 4 leaf` clover.  Inside loop, outside loop, outside loop, inside loop and out over the top with stem of the clover.  People see it and say it's complicated until they realize it  is 4 loops done to look like a clover leaf.  Did I say that was a good video.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 07:49:44 PM »
Good video.  The 4 leaf` clover.  Inside loop, outside loop, outside loop, inside loop and out over the top with stem of the clover.  People see it and say it's complicated until they realize it  is 4 loops done to look like a clover leaf.  Did I say that was a good video.
I prefer a shamrock! Thanks Doc.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 11:25:41 PM »
Think the presentations sufficently ' with it ' to get across to what they pass off as normal , these days .  ;D S?P

If its getting them out of the closet , its doing C/L a service . Not blinding them by science must help too .  :##

to Much overbearing ostentation drives people off  mw~, worth considering for stuck in the muds .
More than one way to skin a cat , or is that coon .  ;)

Yr thingo on utube if you click on Mr emery gets the Hammocking & the odd C/L bit . You have to follow from c/l clip , to next clip , to find all you c/l stuff . Dunno if you can sort the index on that .

H^^

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 06:07:25 AM »
Think the presentations sufficently ' with it ' to get across to what they pass off as normal , these days .  ;D S?P

If its getting them out of the closet , its doing C/L a service . Not blinding them by science must help too .  :##

to Much overbearing ostentation drives people off  mw~, worth considering for stuck in the muds .
More than one way to skin a cat , or is that coon .  ;)

Yr thingo on utube if you click on Mr emery gets the Hammocking & the odd C/L bit . You have to follow from c/l clip , to next clip , to find all you c/l stuff . Dunno if you can sort the index on that .

H^^
Check You Tube Playlists on my site......
All there  (PE**)

Yes, I did not want this to be over-scientific just a casual explanation of what is going on.
Thankee.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Robert Dible

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 08:25:40 AM »
Another Shug video - they are like potato chips, you can't stop watching at one.  They have a pace and rhythm that held my interest, even when I don't camp in zero degree weather or even own a hammock.  I've seen so many of them that I feel like I've known you for years, and just wanted to say thanks for the education and entertainment.
AMA 41701

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 12:37:24 PM »
Another Shug video - they are like potato chips, you can't stop watching at one.  They have a pace and rhythm that held my interest, even when I don't camp in zero degree weather or even own a hammock.  I've seen so many of them that I feel like I've known you for years, and just wanted to say thanks for the education and entertainment.
I thankee Robert.
All secure in sector seven.
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 12:57:34 PM »
Shug...it's all your fault

returning at 57...now nearly 61 I did the RC thing and sucked, so reinvented my self to control line combat where my age / reflexes showed and I still sucked.... Several on different sites got me kind-o interested in sport flying stunt planes...in fact your Primary Force ARF video is what got me really jazzed

Failing to find a SIG ARF I got a Mike Pratt version....being built right now... and managed to get Mike Griffin to send me a Ring master ARF

I have viewed every one of your videos a few time during this very long bad weather spell here in Central Texas....

I just want to thank you for the very well done effort and hope to meet you some day....

I used to live up your way in Fridley late 60s.... winter was long, but when Spring hit we played hard for nine weeks, until winter started again...grin
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 03:47:42 PM »
Hey Shug
I finally got to watch your video this afternoon, well done and thanks for helping more people understand what we do. You have so many followers on the Tube, I'm sure someone will be inspired to give it a try.

In one of my videos from yesterday I was talking in the background with an RC pilot who was astounded that what we do is so complex and our equipment is so capable. Though I did it without even realizing I was making a running commentary, I hope viewers can gain a little appreciation for our sport.

Considering the lack of winter practice, your pattern flying looks excellent. I hope you do well this season, and can work some contests into your fun schedule. I know last year, you broke the 500 point mark, so if you show up in my neck o the woods I might have to slip you some of my special fuel additive Lol.

Take care, and continue to keep us posted.
Rockin' Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Steve Scott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • Terrorizing earthworms since '65
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 10:33:14 PM »
You guys think Shug is great on "the Tube" you should have the pleasure of having him in your club.

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 11:07:53 PM »
You guys think Shug is great on "the Tube" you should have the pleasure of having him in your club.
Yeah, no kidding. I had the pleasure of flying with him for a couple of days at Huntersville back in 2014. He skinned my ass in Intermediate that Sunday Lol. Everybody wanted to talk to him all weekend, and he patiently paid attention to every single one of them, had a great time and flew well. I think that was his first contest.
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 06:19:39 AM »
Shug...it's all your fault

returning at 57...now nearly 61 I did the RC thing and sucked, so reinvented my self to control line combat where my age / reflexes showed and I still sucked.... Several on different sites got me kind-o interested in sport flying stunt planes...in fact your Primary Force ARF video is what got me really jazzed

Failing to find a SIG ARF I got a Mike Pratt version....being built right now... and managed to get Mike Griffin to send me a Ring master ARF

I have viewed every one of your videos a few time during this very long bad weather spell here in Central Texas....

I just want to thank you for the very well done effort and hope to meet you some day....

I used to live up your way in Fridley late 60s.... winter was long, but when Spring hit we played hard for nine weeks, until winter started again...grin
Need to get my Primary Force up and at soon as our field opens June 15th.
Thankee feller.

Hey Shug
I finally got to watch your video this afternoon, well done and thanks for helping more people understand what we do. You have so many followers on the Tube, I'm sure someone will be inspired to give it a try.

In one of my videos from yesterday I was talking in the background with an RC pilot who was astounded that what we do is so complex and our equipment is so capable. Though I did it without even realizing I was making a running commentary, I hope viewers can gain a little appreciation for our sport.

Considering the lack of winter practice, your pattern flying looks excellent. I hope you do well this season, and can work some contests into your fun schedule. I know last year, you broke the 500 point mark, so if you show up in my neck o the woods I might have to slip you some of my special fuel additive Lol.

Take care, and continue to keep us posted.
Rockin' Rusty
Pattern felt allright. Hoping for some practice this week electically. Our flying site does not open to us until June 15. It is a school and we have limited hours. I miss being able to fly when I want.
Hope to see ya' again sometime.

The pleasure is mine!
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 06:20:20 AM »
Yeah, no kidding. I had the pleasure of flying with him for a couple of days at Huntersville back in 2014. He skinned my ass in Intermediate that Sunday Lol. Everybody wanted to talk to him all weekend, and he patiently paid attention to every single one of them, had a great time and flew well. I think that was his first contest.
I sure hope to be able to do the Carolina Criterium again!
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline jim gevay

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 12:14:11 PM »

Yeah, he's a fun guy to be around, great personality, and enthusiastic about CL, and lots of stories, if he wasn't so shy and would come out of his shell once in a while.
Sean, great video, a nice concise beginners demonstration of the stunt pattern. Well done, a visual demo to help people new to CL, a nice video to add to your play list. 
Already looking forward to seeing your act at the State Fair this summer.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 08:32:34 PM »
. :o CRIKEY . there is one or two of them there .  S?P H^^

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2016, 09:17:11 PM »
Yeah, he's a fun guy to be around, great personality, and enthusiastic about CL, and lots of stories, if he wasn't so shy and would come out of his shell once in a while.
Sean, great video, a nice concise beginners demonstration of the stunt pattern. Well done, a visual demo to help people new to CL, a nice video to add to your play list. 
Already looking forward to seeing your act at the State Fair this summer.
Control Line may yet have it's finest hour.
Thankee Jim.

. :o CRIKEY . there is one or two of them there .  S?P H^^
Yessir. Crickey! 83 videos. A few RC  but most CL.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline NED-088

• Commander
    • Heartstrings
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 08:18:16 AM »
This is a video I did for my You Tube Veiwers explaining the Stunt Pattern as many of them  have asked what it is all about and what the stunts are.
Just a play by play of some flying I did today with the Brodak Electric P-40B ARF. Just wanted to show the maneuvers in the order they are flown and a brief description.

This is sorta preaching to the choir to all you on here.

Trying to get more of 'em intersted in some Control Lines. Several of my viewers have informed me that they got kits built and getting back into it.

Whoooooooo Buddy))))))
Shug

A wonderful work of art! I especially like the first bits of sound that appear to be 'Jerusalem Ridge', another work of art...
Never tried that one on mandolin, though, banjo yes....
I will put a link to this on our dutch forum.

Something else.... About colors contrasting with the background ('You need a better lit background though, the model dissapears when flying low against the trees. '), I've got my own solution to that. It constantly screams 'I'm here...':

Bruno van Hoek
Netherlands
'If you think there's something about my English, you're right. I'm Dutch... '
But I DO play Stunt and I DO fly Bluegrass.

Offline jim gevay

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2016, 09:28:17 AM »
Re-reading my comments to you Sean, what I said was" a nice concise beginners demonstration of the stunt pattern". 
What I meant was a nice concise demonstration of the stunt pattern for beginners.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2016, 11:12:38 AM »
A wonderful work of art! I especially like the first bits of sound that appear to be 'Jerusalem Ridge', another work of art...
Never tried that one on mandolin, though, banjo yes....
I will put a link to this on our dutch forum.

Something else.... About colors contrasting with the background ('You need a better lit background though, the model dissapears when flying low against the trees. '), I've got my own solution to that. It constantly screams 'I'm here...':

Bruno van Hoek
Netherlands
Yes the blue would show up real good. I just shot the video on a whin and decided to voice-over the pattern on it as a casual video.
Glad you like Jerusalem Ridge...one of my favorites to pick.....https://soundcloud.com/seanemery2/jerusalem-ridge?in=seanemery2/sets/seans-plays-songs

Thankee.

Re-reading my comments to you Sean, what I said was" a nice concise beginners demonstration of the stunt pattern". 
What I meant was a nice concise demonstration of the stunt pattern for beginners.
I knew what you meant. Though I still think of myself as a beginner!
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2016, 08:36:43 PM »
Hi Shug et al, I really enjoyed your production and found your narrative appropriate! I wish I could get my wife to video my practices some time so that I might help myself improve. What I really need is a coach to work with me during my flying. Without objective eyes I just keep reinforcing my old errors!

Thanks for sharing!

Phil Spillman
Phil Spillman

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2016, 09:31:46 PM »
Hi Shug et al, I really enjoyed your production and found your narrative appropriate! I wish I could get my wife to video my practices some time so that I might help myself improve. What I really need is a coach to work with me during my flying. Without objective eyes I just keep reinforcing my old errors!

Thanks for sharing!

Phil Spillman
Thank you Phil. Just an off-the-cuff explanation. Nothing too exact.
I do think filming gets you thinking about the pattern more. Always wonder if my 45s are to high.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline NED-088

• Commander
    • Heartstrings
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2016, 01:08:31 PM »
Yes the blue would show up real good. I just shot the video on a whin and decided to voice-over the pattern on it as a casual video.
What I like about my shade of turquoise is that against a background of green trees it indeed presents as blue and against a blue sky more as green.
I still haven't seen a (natural) background against which it doesn't make a good contrast.

Glad you like Jerusalem Ridge...one of my favorites to pick.....https://soundcloud.com/seanemery2/jerusalem-ridge?in=seanemery2/sets/seans-plays-songs
I worked up a nice arrangement of J R on the banjo, maybe we could do a transatlantic duet one time... ;D

Meanwhile, keep up the good work! Your videos are top notch.
'If you think there's something about my English, you're right. I'm Dutch... '
But I DO play Stunt and I DO fly Bluegrass.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2016, 04:53:33 PM »
What I like about my shade of turquoise is that against a background of green trees it indeed presents as blue and against a blue sky more as green.
I still haven't seen a (natural) background against which it doesn't make a good contrast.
I worked up a nice arrangement of J R on the banjo, maybe we could do a transatlantic duet one time... ;D

Meanwhile, keep up the good work! Your videos are top notch.
Sure we can cyber pick it sometime......
Cool that there is bluegrass in Holland.
Shug

Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here