News:

• April 19, 2024, 07:02:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Those darned quadrotors...  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Those darned quadrotors...
« on: February 05, 2016, 03:13:15 PM »
This video is actually pretty cool. I didn't even see anything to get excited about or PO'd about, from an ethical or legal viewpoint. The FAA may have a differing opinion, of course. The accompanying music is not my cup of tea, being pretty close to "elevator music".  n1 Steve 

"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline tom brightbill

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: Those darned quadrotors...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 03:24:44 PM »
Well done! I must be getting old (still not as old as Steve), 'cuz I liked the music too.
AMA 34849

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 04:09:11 PM »
That piece of music is "Claire De Lune" by De Bussey.  One of the most beautiful classical pieces ever written.

Mike

Offline DanielGelinas

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 04:47:24 PM »

That is only three hours away from our home. We go skiing there every year.  D>K
Tons of stuff are done with drones today. I'm a professional surveyor and we have begun using drones for some propery surveys ( high precision topography).

-Dan

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 05:07:46 PM »
That piece of music is "Claire De Lune" by De Bussey.  One of the most beautiful classical pieces ever written.

Mike
And it is still around after much more than a century, unlike anything written in North America in he past 60 years.  Hey Steve, didn't you check out some good looking Bass Structure?
Joe
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 07:18:38 PM »
Hey Steve, didn't you check out some good looking Bass Structure?
Joe

I noticed! I must be getting cabin fever. Wanting a new spinnerbait rod, but I'm resisting the urge. Caught some nice 4 lb Smallmouth last summer in Potholes and Osoyoos!  ;D Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 07:57:41 PM »
Great video for some one thinking of winter vacation in the snow.   The pilot knows what he/she is doing.  I didn't see the flying circle.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 08:06:19 PM »
I noticed! I must be getting cabin fever. Wanting a new spinnerbait rod, but I'm resisting the urge. Caught some nice 4 lb Smallmouth last summer in Potholes and Osoyoos!  ;D Steve

I miss my Bass fishing days STEVE. I sold my Ranger in 1996 and quit fishing tournaments.  I kept all my lures, rods and reels and stored them.  It has been 20 years since I fished and just recently I dug out my bait casters and a graphite worm rod.  I am going to start again.  I was never much for crank baits but was a damn good worm fisherman.  I just bought a pack of Zoom lizards and I am going to the bayou again this spring.

Mike

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here