News:

• April 24, 2024, 06:58:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Trible CL flying circle  (Read 3842 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
The Trible CL flying circle
« on: November 05, 2016, 02:29:19 PM »
Well the brainless turd really did a jib on the circle.  I and Dave had been down and dragged the circle and had it almost flyable.   But the rains came and so did the brainless turd.  So for the last 2 days Dave and I have been hauling railroad ties that he got permission for us to take.  I had already taken the ones I had at my place and laid out on the perimeter.  This was before the rain.   I had also pulled the soccer goals over where it had been driving into the field off the river levee before the rain.  So Dave could get I think 5 ties on his trailer and I could get 6 ot 7 depending on the weight of them.   Did any body ever tell me railroad tied are heavy.  I think I had 5 trips from Olathe site on my trailer and Dave had three.  Then the other site I had 4  on my trailer and Dave had 1.  But we now have ties all the way around the circle which I think Dave says is 85 foot radius.   Now I have to drag the circle again and get a center pad.   I think I'm going with fine chat rock as I've known it for the center pad  with lawn edging to kind of keep it in place. 

Anyway Dave sent me a message asking if I was as sore as he was.   He doesn't realize that I have been working out side lifting and moving stuff.  I think Dave took a picture.  Now all I can say is that if I ever get a hold of the brainless turd he may wind up with missing valve cores.   By the way it looked like it did try to drive over one of the ties as it was moved out of alignment a bit, so he may need some front end work.  more later.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: The Trible CL flying circle
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 03:18:55 PM »
John your description of the culprits is much nicer than mine.  This used to look almost like a golf green.  It will again if the RR ties stop it.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 03:29:26 PM »
You may want to drift in a couple of 4' lengths of rebar into each one to hold them in place.  Turds can pull them out of the way if they have friends to help......and its usually the friends that goad them on in the first place!
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 03:42:00 PM »
We've talked about rebar and I like the idea.  Only a few ties have holes all the way through.  Not sure who or what is going to bore holes through 40 ties.  John is eyeballing some used fence stakes.  There is no power there to use.  The winter weather will help stick these things down pretty good.  I suppose driving rebar spikes down each side would slow them down.  You can't really get your fingers under them unless you roll them a little.  They are around 150# each-some a little more.  I'm hoping and thinking these crap!$$s are too lazy.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Gordon Van Tighem

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 05:19:23 PM »
A visit to a local sporting goods store and the purchase of a trail camera might help. They are inexpensive, battery powered and when installed inconspicuously on a nearby post or tree can provide evidence of trespass and possibly a license number!
G
Gord VT
MAAC 3738L, Life Member
AMA C3738L

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 06:44:50 PM »
Welcome to the North Coast Controliners field. Constant harassment by idiots, 4X4's, SUV's and horses. We can't barricade because the Fairgrounds uses as a parking lot however being grassed gets us a pass my most intelligent people. But not the previously mentioned. We even have yellow caution ribbon out all of the time and they don't understand. It's been constant for ten years. We have discussed "Claymores" but haven't found a legal source.
Good Luck
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 08:35:46 PM »
Seeing the amount of damage makes me wonder if it was deliberate - someone who does not want you flying there?
MAAC 8177

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 08:42:29 PM »
If I win the auction on the steel fence posts,  may cut them up and tie the ties together with heavy duty bolts.    The auction place would love to get a hold of the culprits as they did some donuts on their grass areas.  Also wonder what a heavy duty combine would do to their vehicle.   I've seen the size of the tractor they farm with.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 09:09:09 PM »
How frustrating that must be.

I'm so sorry for all the trouble these mindless idiots are causing you.

Anyway to place some concealed/removable spike strips?

OR (if you were rich):

Have a backhoe dig about a 10' square hole about 4' deep. Cover it with plywood. Cover the plywood with a sprinkle of dirt. Sit back and wait for the fun. :D

Searching to find my new place in this hobby!

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 09:54:38 PM »
Guys,
Really sorry about the trouble you are having!  However, no matter how much it sounds like a good idea and the certainty  these A$$holes deserve anything they get my advice is to avoid anything that someone might even remotely get hurt on or by!  It's absolutely amazing how quickly the law turns to be on the side of the injured, no matter how stupid or deserving of their plight.

The best methods of stopping what is happening is to adopt the suggestion mentioned earlier of a couple of concealed game cameras that cover the field, several well prepared signs that declare the use of the field to be for Model airplane flying only with the name of the authority that so designates the field, and close coordination with the local law enforcement to explain your problem and potential solution.  Then when you get an identity of the vehicle in question the police will have a reason to enforce and at least warn the individual causing the problem and or arrest or at least warn the guilty individual of a trespassing violation.  Not sure of what it takes there to press a trespassing violation.  It usually varies by county, state, etc.  You will have to consult the local constabulary or DA's office to see what if anything can legally be done to the JERK!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 06:16:27 AM »
A visit to a local sporting goods store and the purchase of a trail camera might help. They are inexpensive, battery powered and when installed inconspicuously on a nearby post or tree can provide evidence of trespass and possibly a license number!
G
Right now I expect I could get one of these pretty cheap on a Black Friday sale.  There just isn't much place to put it or conceal it.  I might stuff it at ground level between the ties but if they spot it they'll just take it.  If I can find one dirt cheap we may try it.  My concern is if we actually catch them what next?  I would guess at most it's a misdemeanor and the cops aren't going to do much.  There are some high-end subdivisions not to far away.  I'm sure they'd take THAT seriously.  Not likely a patch of grass in the middle of nowhere that the city owns.  I think we are left to our own defenses.  Still like to know exactly who this is.  Maybe we could find a way to embarrass the crap out of them.
Dave
AMA 20934

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 08:15:40 AM »
Well I remember the sign that was put up by the park by the field.  It had the regulations on it.  Even the hours of when the park was open for use.   It was later found further into the park full of bullet holes.   There is a new sign further in now on the utility pole high enough they cant get it.   But I think that if a vehicle is damaged enough to where the police and tow truck show up they could be gotten for destruction of park property.  There has been a story of one vehicle catching fire on the other side of the levee and nobody could get to it.   Don't know what core of engineers did as Dave says we are not supposed to be over on the levee.  But I guess we have to get out the rake and drag and go to work again.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 01:34:03 PM »
Right now I expect I could get one of these pretty cheap on a Black Friday sale.  There just isn't much place to put it or conceal it.  I might stuff it at ground level between the ties but if they spot it they'll just take it.  If I can find one dirt cheap we may try it.  My concern is if we actually catch them what next?  I would guess at most it's a misdemeanor and the cops aren't going to do much.  There are some high-end subdivisions not to far away.  I'm sure they'd take THAT seriously.  Not likely a patch of grass in the middle of nowhere that the city owns.  I think we are left to our own defenses.  Still like to know exactly who this is.  Maybe we could find a way to embarrass the crap out of them.
Dave

Yeah Dave I agree.  That's why I suggested trying to make the place as official looking as possible.  Also contact the police often and make a pest out of yourself...that always helps believe me!  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Go to their office and explain your trouble to the higher ups...remember they are in most cases "elected officials", and plead for help!  Try to get them on your side.  If you have any kids flying be sure to mention that to them.  Kids are always good politically!
You might go as far as an outreach program to local kids!  Really good "press" and political power!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 06:22:36 PM »
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 09:50:59 AM »
I think I posted somewhere in another thread about this problem and my experience here with the jack ass(es) and mudding truck(s) 4x4 out driving drunk and having fun.... ( in their minds)

I was fortunate in that I was dual purposing our sports complex (SC) and particularly a soccer field (1 out of three) I usually use to fly CL planes early mornings

I, as a morning C/L model flying old phart, had no coin...but the afternoon soccer moms sure did

Sheriff and local PD were asked to drive by more frequently ( SC is out of town a 1/2 mile or so) and they did... finally actually seeing the destruction by teenage kids of affluent parents... lots of bad press and grief for the so called affluent parents

I, so much more, would have prefered a Militant MC gang type response--- perhaps even with a ER visit or two... but that is just the evil revengful side of me thinking

Doc... I hope this can be resolved...and soon

Do you need the name of a Local MC club near to you?....They do like exerting their special brand of cosmic justice....grin

"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 09:54:35 AM »
Sure hope Sparky got an advertising fee for this fine public message.

Dave
AMA 20934

Online Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 10:11:13 AM »
Sure hope Sparky got an advertising fee for this fine public message.

Dave

Hmmmm. I'm wondering if the tool who is tearing the field is the one trying to rent you the equipment to fix it.
I lived in a town that had a rash of windows being shot with a BB gun. They caught the guy. He owned the only glass shop in town.
And that is a true story.

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 10:11:57 AM »
Whether you’re preparing grounds for landscaping or looking to level a driveway, Rent 1 has the heavy equipment rental you need to get the job done.

Backhoe Rentals

Our selection of heavy equipment machines include the best quality brands in the industry, from John Deere to Komatsu.

With over 60 different machines for you to choose from, you can rest assured Rent 1 has the right machine for you.

Where is the "troll cop" when you really need him!
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 01:38:40 PM »
Sparky has been notified earlier today.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 02:29:12 PM »
I thought only RCGroups got spammed.....
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here