News:

• April 19, 2024, 03:40:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The New "Wonder Dog."  (Read 3863 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
The New "Wonder Dog."
« on: February 05, 2016, 06:16:44 PM »
Well, it's been over a year since my wife, Paula, and I lost Derk our wonder dog. I Posted the loss and my fellow Forum members were kind in their replies. Thank you for that.

A week ago Paula told me she was looking at puppys and found one she fell in love with. Love at first sight, just like when she saw me.  ;D

Anyway, last Saturday we took a 10 hour drive to Georgia and adopted our new Wonder Dog. Yes, a night in a motel then a 10 hour drive home.

Was it worth it?

Here's our new 11 week old Wonder Dog, "Redington," named after my favorith TV series, Blacklist.

I said they named a series after me.

Yes, we also call him Red.

I hope Redington is well received.

Charles

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline tom brightbill

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: The New "Wonder Dog."
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 06:51:45 PM »
A real charmer! The best to both of you.
AMA 34849

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 07:09:51 PM »
Good job! Any idea what breed/mix Redington is? Looks small and sweet!  y1 Steve 
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 07:51:23 PM »
Good job! Any idea what breed/mix Redington is? Looks small and sweet!  y1 Steve 

Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

Redington is a purebred King Charles Cavalier.

14 to 16 lbs as an adult.

This is our third one. We have one other also, Indy, who is seven.

They make great family members.

Thanks again for the reply.

Charles
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 07:53:50 PM »
Ah, I've met a King Charles before. Nice little-ish dawgs.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 08:26:31 PM »
Lovely little critter you got there....hope he will learn how to fly! :## H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 08:37:19 PM »
Lovely little critter you got there....hope he will learn how to fly! :## H^^

Hey! Hey! Glenn,

Thank you for being so kind and taking interest in my Threads and projects.

Including this one.

The older dog, Indy, has his territory and really isn't giving Redington a confortable start. Expected.

I'm sure if Indy gives Redington a chance, Redington will prove to not be a threat and they will get along really well.

Indy just has to give him a chance.

Redington has so much energy!

Thanks for the reply, appreciated as always.

Charles

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 08:54:23 PM »
He's Gorgeous Charles.  King Charles Spaniels have wonderful dispositions.  I wish you all a long life and great happiness together.  There is nothing like the love of a dog.  Truly a gift to mankind from God!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Mark Knoepfle

• 2016 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 09:03:47 PM »
Charles,
he is a handsome little fellow! Congrats on the new family member.

Mark

Offline Ara Dedekian

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Ara Dedekian
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 07:18:00 AM »
  King Charles Spaniels have wonderful dispositions. 

Randy Cuberly

Congrats on the new family member, Charles. King Charles Cavaliers are really sweet dogs, but you know that, I'm sure.

It's been a joy seeing our seven year old King Charles and the grandkids growing up together. For a dog that's characterized as ,'short walks, long naps' (he snoozes most of the day away), he won't leave the grandkids kids side for a moment when they're over, herding them all day long, tolerating their learning curve on treating pets, then collapsing in a heap when they're gone.

I'm basically a cat guy, but with such a great disposition, he's the best cat I've ever had.

Ara

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 03:52:45 PM »
Ty my dad hated cats all my life and later in life before, he passed, I went to visit and dad introduced to to "peaks kitty" a 29 pound Main Coon who was his darling and constant companion

I had never seen such a large cat, and the damned thing was possessive and super loyal to my father and terribly distraught when the cancer took my dad. Years later peaks Kitty also passed and my mom told me she was 18 years old....Wow!   Truly dynamic animal

Charles....your new baby looks like a true companion and I hope you have as much joy and love as our special friends provide my family...recently added Saphieri a French Bull dog to our 2 Boston terrier 1 Chihuahua family
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 05:03:10 PM »
He is a cute puppy. I hope he brings you years of enjoyment.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 10:29:10 AM »
Any new puppy is cute.  But you must hide your wife's shoes, and always wind up the garden hose when not in use!

Floyd (I like dogs, but....)
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 08:51:32 PM »
I thought I would update Reddington's progress. Our second wonder dog.

Red will be six months old May 11 and is now house trained, a good thing.

He's everythere and full of energy. Red hasn't eaten a model yet, but he's chewed on just about everything else.

Gets along with Indy, our other Cavalier wonder dog. Took a bit of time, but they are now best friends.

You can learn a great deal from dogs.

Charles

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 08:41:51 AM »
       Hi Charles:

Our family has always rescued dogs.  The last one was a rescue from a shelter in a suburb of Salt Lake Ut.  We got him sight unseen and was the ugliest puppy that we had ever seen.  I doubted that I could ever bond with anything so ugly! He was free. He only cost $600.00 to get him to Baltimore! Lol

It turned out that this dog was an imported Pudelpointer from Germany and was bred to hunt.  I did not have to train him ANY hunting skills.  As a matter of fact, the first 7 pheasants that I got while hunting with him I did not see until he returned with a bird in his mouth.  He has turned out to be the best bird dog that I have ever seen. He can not hunt anymore and the Rainbow Bridge is on the horizon but he is still the greatest dog that one could have.  Just to spend time with him is a real treat.

Would I rescue another bird dog, no.  I would buy from a breeder who has a proven line of hunters.  A companion dog is another story.  We have had about 7 in our family over the years and they all were great dogs.  They seem to know that you have given them a second chance on life.

I wish you and your new dog the best in the future.

Be well my friend,

Frank McCune

p.s.    Oh yes, there is nothing like puppy breath to cheer one up when life gets difficult.

Offline Steve_Pollock

• 2019 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 11:34:31 AM »
Charles, I'm sure your new puppy will have you and your wife trained in no time at all -- and will have your house rearranged to his taste, too.  Best wishes!  Steve P.

Offline Phil Bare

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 04:06:01 PM »
Hey Charles, Very neat pup.
Now ya just need to get him some Mutt Muffs to protect his hearing when he goes flying with you.

muttmuffs.com  is where ya can find them..........:-)

Phil Bare

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 05:38:11 PM »
Hey Charles, Very neat pup.
Now ya just need to get him some Mutt Muffs to protect his hearing when he goes flying with you.
muttmuffs.com  is where ya can find them..........:-)
Phil Bare

Phil,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't fly.  LL~

Well, I do but I haven't lately.

You must have pets? Post a photo. I'll download it and pin it to the wall in Red's room.  LL~

What a great day. Took both dogs, Indy and Redington, to Jensen Beach. This restaurant allows pets outside.

Both dogs were a big hit! Everybody loves pets.

Phil, thanks for the reply.

Charles,

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:09:33 AM by Avaiojet »

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2016, 09:11:47 AM »
That is truly a cute little guy!  I love dogs, I love cats, I love horses; heck, I even love cows if they are medium rare!
On the Maine Coon cats - they are amazing!  But...I have a regular old barn cat who tops out at 20 pounds! (And he isn't very fat.) I would love to have a Maine Coon for his companion, but he's awfully territorial toward other cats.  Gets along fime with my new bride's two maltashawns.  (sp?)  Since he's bigger than either one of them, he just sort of ignores them and they're smart enough to not push the issue!
Charles, you are blessed to have faithful companions like those, we all need that closeness pets give.  Shoot, I just wish I could be the man my cat thinks I am.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2016, 09:55:20 AM »
Ty,

Please Post photos of your pets.

"Good" Will Hinton.

20 lbs is a lot of cat! My gosh.

I have no idea what a "maltashawns" is and I won't google it. I hate google-ing.

Ya got photos?

Thanks for the kind comments.

Charles

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2016, 12:34:34 PM »
Well, I guess I can find a couple of pics of my buddy.  The first will be my all-time favorite cat picture where I caught him asleep on my recliner about ready to slide off but still impervious to his situation!
second is where I found him sleeping in the sink in my shop!  You can see he fills it up.  The last has him on the footrest of my recliner again, but I include it to show how long he is in the body.  2 feet without his tail.
This guy is the sweetest disposition guy we've ever had, and when we lived on a busy street for 31 years we changed cats as often as a teenager changes socks!

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2016, 12:40:51 PM »
Second pic.

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter