News:

• April 19, 2024, 08:55:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 582 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Thank you
« on: March 17, 2017, 09:33:53 PM »
Just seen thank you's on several posts For information and advice given  threads on this forum.  I remember win I started flying CL models I had no body for help.  I learned most at that time from reading magazines.  Then when I got my Guillows Rat Racer with McCoy 35 Redhead I was told about a flying circle at KC's City Park.   Just so, it happened Mr. Brooks was there and related that the club was out of town at a contest.  He helped me get the McCoy started and made the first flight.  Second flight he got in the circle with me and talked to me telling me this plane fly much better than the 1/2A's I was flying.  Was also told that if I was really interested in learning more to come join the club.  The Flying Eagles of KCK.  Randy Cuberly was a member back then.  Learned a lot back then from the club and flying in contests.   Now we have the forum with a lot of knowledge from all the people on here.  How do we thank them,  by trying the info given and letting them know if it works or not.   I'm still learning and want to thank all for it and for putting up with the old DOC Holliday.  The slowest draw in the west.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 12:09:26 AM »
...The slowest draw in the west.
Well, there's something to be said for being the slowest. You're probably less likely to shoot yerself in the foot, Lol.
I really do appreciate your patience and help when I was a beginner, never having seen a "big" plane till 2012 or '13 or so.
Nowadays, I even dare to write advice with confidence in the building forums.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
Re: Thank you
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 07:36:21 PM »
It amazes me that many on here are lifers. I started flying control line in the early 50's with Scientific Hollow Logs and an OK Cub .049. I later graduated to larger planes and a Fox 35. In the late 60's I flew R/C pattern that lasted for 25 years. Then Jim Lee and Andrew Hathaway got me hooked on control line again in the early 90's I flew both for a short time, and then only flew control line for competition.

I still fly a little R/C for fun mostly in old time free flights with a radio and ignition engines. You just do not see to many young folks flying control line. When we were growing up before computers and cell phones, modeling was a great hobby past time and kept many of us out of trouble. We all had to have some kind of work to pay for our addiction, and that was good for us too. We all learned skills and perseverance along with the hobby. Most of the control line people I have met are real gentlemen, and I think we can contribute a lot of that to control line and modeling in general.

Jim Kraft

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here