News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:12:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stuka Stunt  (Read 11707 times)

Offline Terry Caron

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Stuka Stunt
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2017, 01:56:47 PM »
I found this info, http://www.clstunt.com.ipaddress.com/

Contact for Leonard:
Neumann, Leonard
STUKA STUNT WORKS
8710 Winding Ridge Road
Indianapolis, IN 46217
UNITED STATES
Telephone: 3174791487
Email: leonardneumann@att.net

Also:
Technical Contact

Inc., NameSecure
Namesecure Inc.
P.O. Box 785
Herndon, VA 20172
UNITED STATES
Telephone: 15707088418
Email: support@namesecure.com

I emailed Leonard and Namesecure, we'll see if there's any response.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:35:10 PM by Terry Caron »
NACA member, Huntsville, AL
AMA 249824
NRA Life Member

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2017, 04:30:05 PM »
Why is it that I need to make changes to be able to view a site that I have been viewing for years and others can see. makes no sense to me.

To first approximation, it's really pretty simple. When you type in a URL or otherwise, your ISP has to map that to an actual address , called the IP address. There's a look-up table selected by your ISP that sees "www.clstunt.com" and translates to an IP address (in this case, 64.27.52.194). These look-up tables are stored on a machine called the Domain Name Server (DNS). These are provided by hosting companies to the individual DNS. You ISP chooses which domain name server to use, or runs one themselves.

For whatever reason, the DNS entry for SSW was temporarily disabled. It could have been due to service on the DNS, service at 64..., mistakenly considering the domain expired, or any number of other things. That disabled domain entry got into some DNSs, including the one you are using, and hasn't been updated with the corrected information. These are updated periodically, usually in a few days, but apparently once a week for whichever DNS your ISP uses. The suggested workaround is to select a DIFFERENT DNS  - publicly available from Google in this case - with the right address and routing information. I had the same problem, the difference was, my DNS was updated with the correct information within a few hours. Apparently yours wasn't and hasn't yet.  I can get on from here (home) but not from work, at least not as of Monday when I last tried it.

This has nothing to do with your computer, and almost certainly nothing to do with Leonard Neumann, or anything outside *your* ISP and whichever DNS they have set for your use. If you want to complain to someone, it is at *your* ISP, the DNS that they are using does not contain the correct information. Don't expect anyone at the first line service desk to understand what the issue is, however, it's their issue. I expect it will correct itself pretty soon, and there is certainly something that the DNS host could correct if they were inclined to.

Brett

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2017, 06:09:51 PM »
Well after a Windows 10 update I can now view SS works. Is this the first symptom of the US giving up ICCAN name server and control over it? I think this is just the beginning.
AMA 12366

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2017, 06:10:53 PM »

Well after a Windows 10 update I can now view SS works. Is this the first symptom of the US giving up ICCAN name server and control over it? Is this is just the beginning.
AMA 12366

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2017, 06:33:53 PM »

I finally broke down and Emailed Leonard directly, notifying him that many of us were having this issue. I just checked now and all seems good. This was Leonard's explanation...

It seems It seems the problem was I was using their “outdated (more than 2 years old) nameservers in my domain.”  That’s nice, because this forum has been up for 17 years, and except for changing providers several times, I have never had to “update” for any “old” more than 2 years old) nameservers.

It seems all should be back to normal now.  H^^
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Dwayne

« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2017, 06:34:27 PM »
It's back y1

Offline Garf

• Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2017, 07:40:30 PM »
SSW is also back for me in Miami, Fla.

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2017, 07:47:05 PM »
Yep, all better now. I just logged into clstunt.com a.k.a. Stuka Stunt Works. I'm glad it's back.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2017, 08:22:52 PM »
Well after a Windows 10 update I can now view SS works. Is this the first symptom of the US giving up ICCAN name server and control over it? Is this is just the beginning.

It doesn't have anything to do with Windows 10.

I don't know if it has anything to do with giving up ICANN - I doubt it, just because it wasn't broken at the level of ICANN, and basic inertia of the system,  but hard to say.

brett

Offline Terry Caron

• Admiral
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2017, 08:54:36 PM »
I got these emails from Leonard:
"I went to name secure but can't find the link they say is there to "fix" the thing.  The people on my host server said they would take care of it if I gave them the information which I did.  I am waiting now to hear from them. The interesting thing is I had no knowledge there was a problem of any kind as I can access the forum just like normal in the same way you do.  It has also been up on the internet for 17 years (the longest running model airplane forum) and I have never faced this "problem" before.  It is new to me.

Leonard Neumann"

and:
"I just got notification that the thing is done.  Just needs a couple of hours to propagate through the internet and all should be well again.

Leonard Neumann"

And I'm happy to see the problem fully resolved.

NACA member, Huntsville, AL
AMA 249824
NRA Life Member

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2017, 12:21:30 PM »
Yeah, it was up yesterday and still don't look like much happening.   Maybe need to ruffle the troops again like a few people did back then.   VD~ S?P
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2017, 03:45:59 PM »
Crap! Now it doesn't work for me!!! Dammit!

Naw, just kidding. Still works fine. Maybe the dude from Isky's forum will find SSW and finally get the answer that will help him fix his Accrod?  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline TigreST

• TigreST
  • Commander
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2017, 12:09:55 PM »
 y1 <= y1 <= o2oP o2oP o2oP o2oP o2oP CLP** CLP** (PE**) (PE**) (PE**)

Yeah back for me too, and I didn't have to do nuttin!

Steve, you can put the tin foil back on your baked potatoes!  na#

Tony Bagley
Ontario, Canada

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here