News:

• April 24, 2024, 09:37:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SIG Fazer  (Read 3138 times)

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
SIG Fazer
« on: October 18, 2016, 07:06:36 PM »
Seems I remember someone on here not to long ago talking about converting a SIG Fazer to Control Line.  I have a kit now and will be building it in the near future.  Anyone built and flown one and if so how did it fly.  I talked with Mikey Pratt and he told me what modifications to make to improve the performance.  I would appreciate any feedback on those of you who may have built and flown this model.

Thank you

Mike

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 07:15:40 PM »
Might have been me.. Was suppose to get one from a guy online for 5 bucks and never heard from him again lol
Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: SIG Fazer
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 07:24:53 PM »
Perry Rose bought two SIG Fazer kits from me sometime this summer. I think he got one in the air. He's in your 'hood.

The ailerons are way too big to use as flaps. I'd cut them about 50%. Also would add real wingtips, to reduce the tip vortex somewhat. Otherwise, the wake turbulence will reach out and gitcha on a calm day.  D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 08:15:21 PM »
Thanks James and Steve.  I will try and touch base with Perry.

Mike

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 08:49:34 PM »
A guy in the Dallas club did one over 20 years ago. I can't speak for all of them, but his was marginal. Unless your heart is absolutely set on it, I'd not bother building it when there are so many better airplanes waiting to be built.

Bill Bischoff

Offline Russell

• ACE
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 01:07:30 AM »
I built and flew a Sig Fazer as an R/C and it's a great flyer and very fun with an OS 46.

Offline gene poremba

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 04:20:38 AM »

I built 3 as the R/C version. It was a good entry level model for learning basic 3D flying until Morris Hobbies came out with their much lighter planes. I flew mine on an LA.40 & also a LA.46. I wouldn't build another one today for R/C, but would like to see how it would fly as a C/L model. It was a heavy model for R/C, but with out all the gear might do well at C/l....Gene

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 05:48:27 AM »
I have seen quite a few of them at CL contest. As someone said they are marginal flyer. Don't waist your time.
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline Russell

• ACE
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 05:40:01 PM »
If converting to CL just make the ailerons non-functional (fixed) no need for flaps it already turns on a dime with just an elevator.

Myself find so many choices for airplanes I don't chase after conversions from one platform to another.

Offline TigreST

• TigreST
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 07:26:13 AM »
Here's a picture of one converted, appears to be using the stock flap set up. This was posted to Iski's page. No idea who's it is.

The other models from SIG of interest, in a conversion sense, (at least to me) are the Ultimate Bipe and the Something Extra.

Tony Bagley
Ontario, Canada

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here