News:

• April 25, 2024, 08:48:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RingMaster Fly-a-Thon  (Read 6114 times)

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
RingMaster Fly-a-Thon
« on: September 30, 2016, 09:57:34 AM »
Due to flooding conditions, the IRKS RingMaster Fly-a-Thon originally planned for 10/1/2016 has been postponed to a later date.
Hurricane Mathew will be a major factor in re-planing the event.   HB~>
Future status will be posted on the IRKS web site ->>    http://www.IRKS.org/  , select Events, scroll down to October for RingMaster status and event flyer.

Roger Vizioli
IRKS Control Line

Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
Re: RingMaster Fly-a-Thon
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 12:05:09 PM »
Looks like a rain out here in Jersey too.

MM

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 06:57:29 PM »
Huntsville Alabama Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon will have spot-on great weather.  Temp topping out at 80 and winds peaking at 5 MPH.   Anybody in the North Alabama area should come and join us.  PM me for details.   y1    y1   y1   #^   #^   #^
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 07:04:21 PM »
Good weather in the Carolina's too. I will be at triple tree e week  in woodruff sc .  hope to get in a few ringmaster electric flights
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Scott B. Riese

• AMA Member
  • Captain
  • Just a student of stunt
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 11:02:41 PM »
Good weather in the Carolina's too. I will be at triple tree e week  in woodruff sc .  hope to get in a few ringmaster electric flights

Here in Portland Oregon 30% chance of rain on Sunday. Well be making Chicago style all beef Hot Dogs......Even with the bright green relish.  :o

We hope to have several flyers.
Here's what I'm flying....
LA-25, 21.5 OZ, Dope Paint, 2.75 oz tank, 56/.015 lines............super flyer.
Scott Riese
Portland, Oregon
AMA 528301

Offline Jim Damerell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 10:06:01 AM »
GSCB at Lincoln Park NJ looks to have a break in the weather long enough to get a few dozen Ringmaster flights in. Please come and join us. Loaner airplanes are available, let's get as many people up as possible.

John Leidle

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 12:59:19 PM »
   Hey there Jim,  I haven't seen you since Pasco 1995 when you kicked my A%#@!  in Advanced.Good to see you are still kicking.
  John Leidle

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 03:47:44 PM »
   I will be at Buder Park at about 8AM or so with my two Ringmasters and have emails out to some that I know have them also. We'll see who shows up Weather here is supposed to be a bit cloudy and cool, but light winds. More than acceptable weather conditions so if you are near Buder Park, come on out and put up a few flights.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 04:36:52 PM »
We had a squall come through during today's Ring-Ding, but we got in a fair nummer of flights. More tomorrow, when better weather is predicted. Need more Ringmasters, and they need to be tuned up and ready to go. Wrong glowplug, wrong prop, neutral not right, lines too short, muffler falling off, lines too long, etc. Yuk. We're hoping for a better day tomorrow, and we're gonna give it heck! Somebody said we got 20 flights in today, but I wouldn't swear to that. Fifteen, I'd swear to, but I'm not holding the tally sheet.   :-[  Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Online John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 06:19:26 PM »
   I will be at Buder Park at about 8AM or so with my two Ringmasters and have emails out to some that I know have them also. We'll see who shows up Weather here is supposed to be a bit cloudy and cool, but light winds. More than acceptable weather conditions so if you are near Buder Park, come on out and put up a few flights.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Dan,
Will Sean be doing his part for the Fly-a-Thon in the sandbox?
John
John Paris

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 08:21:58 PM »
We had a squall come through during today's Ring-Ding, but we got in a fair nummer of flights. More tomorrow, when better weather is predicted. Need more Ringmasters, and they need to be tuned up and ready to go. Wrong glowplug, wrong prop, neutral not right, lines too short, muffler falling off, lines too long, etc. Yuk. We're hoping for a better day tomorrow, and we're gonna give it heck! Somebody said we got 20 flights in today, but I wouldn't swear to that. Fifteen, I'd swear to, but I'm not holding the tally sheet.   :-[  Steve

Steve, we had 43 flights here in E. WA today, most of them after lunch. Sunday we expect to increase that number by a huge amount.
Joe
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Online john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 09:02:26 PM »
Well there were four of us in Topeka today wearing out Melvin Schuette's Ring.   Took a break and hooked my Estes Stuntin' Ring to get some time on the Brodak .25.  There was Jim Lee, Paul ?, Melvin and myself.   Melvin had the tally sheet.  We were loading only 400 cc's of fuel.  More tomorrow.   Now if we could get more members out to fly.  Had 3 Ringmasters on the waiting list that never got the prop flipped.

Pictures in order,   Paul, Melvin, Jim, pit crew Melvin & Jim and finally Melvin taking pic of me as I was taking his pic.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 09:48:49 PM »
We had absolutely beautiful weather here in New Orleans today for the fly a thon and tomorrow is supposed to be a carbon copy.  A cool front came through and we are have 60s in the morning and mid 80s during the afternoon.  Light winds and clear skies.  Maybe the Ringmaster Gyro will be repaired and ready to fly tomorrow.  If not we have lots of Ringmasters of various sizes ready to go.

Mike

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 10:24:32 PM »
Dan,
Will Sean be doing his part for the Fly-a-Thon in the sandbox?
John

Hey John;
     He is supposed to. That was the reason behind the electric Ringmaster he shipped to himself there in Kuwait. He's got flights on it already, so he should be good to go unless he's had some other problem. He's been pretty busy doing his thing. He texted me the other day that he was on the list for promotion to Sgt. First Class, and that was the last I've heard from him. I was hoping to see him post here to this thread. He's 9 hours ahead of us here, so it could pop in at any time.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline goozgog

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 04:06:56 AM »
   I'm meeting the rest of the Balsa Beavers at 9:00,
out at Centennial Park. Looks like we'll be dodging
rain cells but with reasonable winds.
Hey. It's October in Canada.
What'd you expect?
Grind in some flights! y1

I'm flying the Ringmaster Bipe which is
two Ringmaster Jr. wings joined to a standard
Ringmaster fuse and tail. 
It flies decently.

See you there. - K.

Keith Morgan

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 08:20:32 AM »
Well we pulled off our Ringmaster Fly-a-Thon yesterday in Rochester, NY. Between 4 of us we got in 12 flights and sent in our results the to the  "keeper of the ring". The weather was ok, a mild breeze and only a few spits of rain. If you go to Flyboyzblog.com you'll see the blog Mike O'Neill posted.

Steve

Dwayne

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2016, 08:31:31 AM »
Really crappy weather, but I managed to get 2 flights in.  y1 

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 01:53:32 PM »
Ohhhhhhhhhh, My Gosh!

What a busy morning.

We had seven Ringmasters at our field.  #^

Largest being 70" and the smallest was a 1/2A. Len brought five! Len's 1/2A was cute as a button.

Len did a smooth as silk landing with his 70" monster Ringmaster, and it stunts!

Dennis made good use of his flying time practicing the Old Time Stunt pattern.

"I carried a watermelon." No No wait a minute. That's a line from "Dirty Dancing."

Yes, I got a flight in also. ;D

Other than that, we all got a flight or two. Len has the tally.

Charles

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 03:44:39 PM »
Due to flooding conditions, the IRKS RingMaster Fly-a-Thon originally planned for 10/1/2016 has been postponed to a later date.
Hurricane Mathew will be a major factor in re-planing the event.   HB~>
Future status will be posted on the IRKS web site ->>    http://www.IRKS.org/  , select Events, scroll down to October for RingMaster status and event flyer.

Roger Vizioli
IRKS Control Line

LL~ LL~Oh come now my friend!!  Some rubber boots, a set of hip waders, a snorkel and mask ..... you have no excuse!!   LL~ LL~

Online john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 05:52:15 PM »
If they had loaded up all their stuff, they could have flown with me today at the new Topeka field.   Don't know where the TOPClass club members are, but if not for Jim, Melvin, Paul and myself it would have been a poor showing yesterday.  Today even worse as I had just got settled when Melvin yelled grab a rag.  Paul some how managed to bugger his left hand up pretty good.  No pictures as we wanted to care for our 84 year old youngster.   Any way used Melvin's stooge and started flying  another Ringmaster of mine while they went to the emergency room.  This Ringmaster is powered by a Fox .25BB that I guess is or was not broken in fully.   Started with a Master Airscrew 9-6 paint mixer,   hey they were cheap.   After trying to get a setting I switched to a Power Point 10-4  for a couple of flights,  it was better or engine was breaking in.  Final prop was a APC 9-4.   By the 12th flight it was starting to 4 stroke in level laps.   Never did get tight on any of the props.  Don't ask what fuel as it was a mixture of old and new fuel.  As I was calling it a day they finally made it back to put up several more flights.   Melvin has all the flight totals with 3 different Ringmasters.  So only 3 of us today.

By the way two of the best days for flying I have seen for a long time and we didn't need the parkas like years past. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Online Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 06:46:02 PM »
Eldorado Arkansas got over 40 flights yesterday.
today there were 4 Ringmasters and when I left there were about 75 flights logged.
We had 3-up for several flights.

I did some pitting. At one point I made 5 launches with six flips on a Fox35. Hot re-starts. Amazing.

Online Allen Eshleman

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 07:04:58 PM »
Here in St. Thomas, Pa, I flew my brother's Ringmaster - a hand-me-down Sterling S-1 from a wonderful older gentleman.  I did 4 flights.  McCoy 35, easy start with electric finger. Same plane/engine combo that thrilled me when approximately 14 years old.  I am now 63/  I lost my first one attempting a square 8. This engine is old but runs well.  The flyathon is a nice tradition.

Allen

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 07:12:00 PM »
  John Garrett and I were the only ones to show at Buder Park today, and John crashed his LONG time Ringmaster when something let go in the stabilizer on his first flight. We shared flights on my Fox.35 powered RM and got a total of 8 I think and also flew his Barnstormer and my Adams, Special (former Allen Brickhaus model.) I was a cloudy, gray day here but great air for flying. Don't know where everyone else was.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 08:29:42 PM »
5 guys, 1 1/2 days of FUN and a total of 75 Ringmaster flights here in Waitsburg, WA.  Fantastic but comman weather.  NEXT YEAR...100 Flights projected!
Joe

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2016, 02:00:09 PM »
NW Skyraiders got 15 flights in on Saturday and another 35 on Sunday, for a total of 50 flights for the two days. We're formulating a plan for next year. Now all we need is a place to fly it next year, because yesterday was our last day at Auburn Muni. We may have to fly off grass at some soccer field or go back to poaching at a vacant parking lot. Just as we did as kids!   #^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 02:44:37 PM »
I was sick; didn't get even one flight in.

I think the way to ring up the flights is with Ringmaster Racing.  Make it run whatcha brung, but require at least one pit per heat -- that way each heat gets you two flights per pilot.  Or maybe just 2- or 3-up Ringmaster flights with limited fuel and pit crews running around doing restarts, and forget even calling it racing.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2016, 03:01:40 PM »
I was my plan to join Joe and crew in Waitsburg, alas, my plans were rescheduled,, I was moving my building room out of the living room into the spare bedroom ( it took like 6 years for this to be her idea so I aint backin out) then my daughter is moving last weekend so I ended up helping pack, move, babysit, etc,, so no ringmaster flights for me,, next year I am going to make my ,, I mean hlep my grandkids all get flights,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Rick_Huff

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2016, 03:40:21 PM »
We had 8 pilots and put up 20 flights with the GSCB at Lincoln Park, NJ.  I really had a GREAT time:  The weather was nearly perfect, the pace was relaxed and everyone had fun.  What more could you ask for?  
Rick

Online Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 05:14:09 PM »
Final tally from Eldorado----161 flights over 2 days.

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 06:11:05 PM »
I was my plan to join Joe and crew in Waitsburg, alas, my plans were rescheduled,, I was moving my building room out of the living room into the spare bedroom ( it took like 6 years for this to be her idea so I aint backin out) then my daughter is moving last weekend so I ended up helping pack, move, babysit, etc,, so no ringmaster flights for me,, next year I am going to make my ,, I mean hlep my grandkids all get flights,,
Mark, we could have used you. You ere sourly missed. On top of that we had some great newbies that had a lot of questions. Next year for sure.
Joe

Offline Scott B. Riese

• AMA Member
  • Captain
  • Just a student of stunt
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 07:11:55 PM »
Mark, we could have used you. You ere sourly missed. On top of that we had some great newbies that had a lot of questions. Next year for sure.
Joe

That's funny? I thought I saw Mark at the Oregon, Cougar game on Saturday??? 50 yard line
Scott Riese
Portland, Oregon
AMA 528301

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2016, 08:46:44 PM »

Hey John;
     He is supposed to. That was the reason behind the electric Ringmaster he shipped to himself there in Kuwait. He's got flights on it already, so he should be good to go unless he's had some other problem. He's been pretty busy doing his thing.  

Yep, we got a frago to "Pack the wagon and head north" and with me being the Unit Movement Operations guy, I'm in high demand.  Ill be staying in Kuwait, training up some new kids we have coming fresh out of school.  On to business:  Wx was pretty windy and turbulent, but got 8 flights in, 4 per day.  I set up my iPad and took a video of one, and the wind was buffeting the iPad around a bit, but didn't turn out to bad.  Need to take a graduation picture and I will post it and the video shortly.  Might get a few more flying sessions out of it while temps are still decent--its getting cooler here with nighttime lows in the lower 60s-- but once it gets colder and I strip the hardware off of it to get ready to head home, I want to cut the wing open and look at the bellcrank and leadout setup.  Its hard to see it through the pushrod exit in the wing but what little I can see looks suspect.

He texted me the other day that he was on the list for promotion to Sgt. First Class, and that was the last I've heard from him.

Selection list came out on Thursday after months of waiting.  78 were considered, 69 selected. I ranked a surprising 17th overall.

Coming soon to a platoon near you...

Offline Ara Dedekian

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Ara Dedekian
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2016, 06:02:49 AM »

We put up 30 flights here in southern Maine on Saturday. Six pilots with eight individual models. Four of the many times rebuilt S-1s were 1965 era with a Greenhead 35, Stallion 35, early Fox 25, Fox 29, Fox 35, McCoy 35 Red Head, Fox 15 Schneurle, and electric for power. The newest and best flying RM was Sandy Schmidts 25 oz. scratch built S-1 based on an enlargement of the Outerzone Baby Ringmaster plan. Weather was perfect and we had three newbie flyers and surprisingly, some RC spectators. It's a great event and a nice way to end the flying season here in the northeast.

Ara

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2016, 08:14:35 AM »
That's funny? I thought I saw Mark at the Oregon, Cougar game on Saturday??? 50 yard line
NOPE,  did not even watch the game till sunday morning while everyone else was sleeping in.
I was busy moving daughter, and my building bench out of the living room, yes, I will no longer be building in the living room, the sad part is that I just had to buy a new tv,, it stays in the living room, and now I need another tv for the model room,, GOing to get a smart tv so I can watch Sparkies you tube ( and others) while I build,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 08:16:57 AM »
Here are the results of the 2016 Ring Master Fly A Thon as flown by the New Orleans Ringmasters Control Line Flying Club.

Total Flights; 93

Planes flown;
  2   Baby Ringmasters
  3   Junior Ringmasters
  8   S1 Ringmasters
  1   576 Ringmaster
  1   Super Ring Master
  1   Imperial Ring Master

Pilots;    20

Guests;    2

Offline Ronald Eshleman

• Ensign
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 09:54:10 AM »
My brother & I posted 4 flights with a Ringmaster I acquired a few years back.  I even called the builder so he could listen on the phone!  It was GREAT in Saint Thomas , PA at eh ball field!! Can anyone help me to officially post my flights? I cannot get on 2016flyathon@ringmasterflyathon.com to report......HELP please!

Online John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2016, 06:33:22 PM »
    Yep, we got a frago to "Pack the wagon and head north" and with me being the Unit Movement Operations guy, I'm in high demand.  Ill be staying in Kuwait, training up some new kids we have coming fresh out of school.  On to business:  Wx was pretty windy and turbulent, but got 8 flights in, 4 per day.  I set up my iPad and took a video of one, and the wind was buffeting the iPad around a bit, but didn't turn out to bad.  Need to take a graduation picture and I will post it and the video shortly.  Might get a few more flying sessions out of it while temps are still decent--its getting cooler here with nighttime lows in the lower 60s-- but once it gets colder and I strip the hardware off of it to get ready to head home, I want to cut the wing open and look at the bellcrank and leadout setup.  Its hard to see it through the pushrod exit in the wing but what little I can see looks suspect.

Selection list came out on Thursday after months of waiting.  78 were considered, 69 selected. I ranked a surprising 17th overall.

Coming soon to a platoon near you...

Sean aka SFC McEntee,
Congratulations on the selection I am sure it was well deserved.  Keep up the good work training the next generation.  Glad to hear that you got some flights in and looking forward to seeing them.
John

John Paris

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2016, 02:08:02 PM »
 ;D ;D Greetings once again our little group the North Brevard Figure 9er's earned their hard earned "ATTABOY'S"!!  Over the two days of warm and somewhat muggy weather six pilots worked their booties off to set a new group record  :) :).

On Saturday, thanks to our junior member's memory, Jaydon, we logged a daily total of 163 flights.  I’m comfortable that my personal total was 70 thanks to Jaydon's reminding me to use the "Notes" app on my iPhone.  Although I had hoped for a personal best of 100, I’m content with a final count of 70.  The way my body feels I doubt I'll be trying for that goal again anytime soon %^@!!

On Sunday, Richard, Larry and Lorenzo compiled a wonderful total of 18 flights for the day and after church, I brought out my Ringmaster Triplane.  Richard and Lorenzo were able to witness the first 9 flights and shortly afterwards my wife, Fran, came out as my safety and witness and I recorded a total of 30 flights before quitting for the day.  It probably should have been recorded as 31 but I ran out of gas and only made four laps on the last flight and I just didn't have enough flame in the fire to refuel and go any longer.   Nevertheless ..... Figure 9er's we will be able to post a two day total of 211 flights  #^ #^!!

Congratulations everyone and thank you for your efforts!!  The "North Brevard Figure 9er's" rock!!

Jim Carter
Titusville, FL

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2016, 04:13:13 PM »
      Hello:

We flew our first Ringy Thingy today.  We are the HAMS of Harrisburg, Pa. Each pilot brought his own Ringmaster and flew only that Ringmaster,  One Ring was 60 years old! The paper began to come off of it  a little bit more each flight! Lol

We had S1, Baby, Jr., and an Imperial in the air. Next year, we may fly only one airplane and take turns at the handle.  This way, we could get many more flight in the day.

One thing that was very good, we picked up 4 potential new members from the bystanders who watched our flights.  Thee of the new people have flown UC in the past and one is very good RC pilot who wishes to learn to fly UC.

WE have enough extra engines, planes etc, to teach a new flier.  He will have ample supplies to learn UC.

This event ignited a spark of enthusiasm in our club members. If one could have seen the look on a 75 year old man's face when his Baby Ringmaster tore up the circle for the first time you would have thought that he was a kid on Christmas morning! He had scratch built it several years ago and today was its first flights.

Looking forward to next year,

Frank McCune

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: RingMaster Fly-a-Thon/ Hurricane Matthew Report
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2016, 07:38:51 PM »
    We are sad to report that we could not fly for the Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon this year. Weather prior to the event weekend flooded our field. The following weekend we were ordered to evacuate all barrier islands, which we did. Our field is still closed and the sail plane area is closed until further notice to accept "yard debris/aka tree branches, palm fronds, fallen trees and many many leaves" which is estimated to be over 300,000 cubic yards. As a reference, in 2004 and 2005, Frances, Jeanne and Wilma generated 500,000 cubic yards of debris. Debris will be recycled on site, ie mulch.
Hope the total exceeds last years total flights.

Roger Vizioli
IRKS Control Line
Florida Space Coast
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
Final Tally For The 9th Fly-A-Thon
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2016, 09:22:02 PM »
The final tally PDF file is below.

As far as I know, all reports are included but if i have errored in any way please let me know and I will make corrections. Once again we set a new record of a total of 3756 flights flown by 650 pilots!! The pilot count is down from last year but the flight # is up!! I an amazed that control line pilots from nations around the world have built and flown these models in such great numbers. This event celebrates our hobby of control line modeling and for the Brotherhood of the Ring Forum and for myself I thank everyone that made this possible!!

I will lift a toast to all of you this evening and I hope that you can all fly with us again next year for the 10th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon!!

John Cralley
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2016, 11:05:43 AM »
Recent reports (lost in cyberspace) have now pushed the flight count up to 3777 and the pilot count to 661!!!

Four thousand flights should be within striking distance for the 10th Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon next year!!! (October 7th and 8th)

Heart felt thanks to everyone that participated this year.

John Cralley
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Online john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2016, 12:32:16 PM »
What happened to the St Louis group?? ???
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2016, 12:55:10 PM »
I did not receive a report from the St. Louis club. I would guess Sparky would know if anyone flew (was possibly nasty weather Saturday).
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Mark Troutman

• New Pilot
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2016, 01:55:43 PM »
To Sean McEntee. Big congratulations on making rank. Your the pride of the control line world and the pride of our nation. Well done, hurry home safe.

Mark Troutman
Executive Director/Chief Scientist (ret)
Air Force Cryptologic Support Center
Kelly AFB

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
Re: RingMaster Fly-a-Thon/ Hurricane Matthew Report
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2016, 04:14:07 PM »
   We are sad to report that we could not fly for the Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon this year. Weather prior to the event weekend flooded our field. The following weekend we were ordered to evacuate all barrier islands, which we did. Our field is still closed and the sail plane area is closed until further notice to accept "yard debris/aka tree branches, palm fronds, fallen trees and many many leaves" which is estimated to be over 300,000 cubic yards. As a reference, in 2004 and 2005, Frances, Jeanne and Wilma generated 500,000 cubic yards of debris. Debris will be recycled on site, ie mulch.
Hope the total exceeds last years total flights.

Roger Vizioli
IRKS Control Line
Florida Space Coast

:-\ Asked'ja to come fly with us!!   :-\

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2016, 07:35:31 PM »
Jim,
Yes you did, sorry we did not take you up on it.
Hope to see you soon.
Roger
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here