News:

• April 19, 2024, 12:35:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Results from the Southwest Regionals?  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Alan Resinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Results from the Southwest Regionals?
« on: February 04, 2016, 02:16:19 PM »
Just wondering.

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
Re: Results from the Southwest Regionals?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 02:48:16 PM »
Kestas beat Lou and Hoffman. Cool electric model. I'd never seen before. He said it used to be glow so maybe not new. Buck didn't make it, weather forecast was earlier and worse than actual conditions.
Chris...

Online Jim Hoffman

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 03:43:54 PM »
Kestas Dvarvydis flew a beautiful semi scale electric model to a first place in Expert. 

Details of the airplane are in the District 10 report from Stunt News Nov-Dec 2014.

It is a Semi Scale model of the XtremeAir Sbach 342 aerobatic airplane (Google it). 

Jim Hoffman

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »
Kestas beat Lou and Hoffman. Cool electric model. I'd never seen before. He said it used to be glow so maybe not new. Buck didn't make it, weather forecast was earlier and worse than actual conditions.
Chris...

I should have known better. The predicted 30 mph didn't arrive until 4 PM instead of 4 AM. Warren thoughtfully called me about halfway through the first round to rub it in.

I was really feeling low on Friday, I had really been looking forward to it.

Brett

Offline Mark Knoepfle

• 2016 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 04:28:00 PM »
Kestas Dvarvydis flew a beautiful semi scale electric model to a first place in Expert. 

I made it out Sunday morning and stood behind the judges to watch one of his flights. It is a beautiful plane and eerily quiet. Really a pleasure to watch him fly.

Mark

Offline Bob Whitely

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 12:55:49 PM »

Hi Brett, I kept telling everyone that the weather would be great on the weekend cause the front wasn't moving
fast enough to get here before late Sunday night but no one paid any attention.  When I found out you guys weren't
going to show I just figured you all  were just fair weather fliers and just  plain afraid to make an appearance. Maybe
next time won't be so difficult for all y'all.  Hang in there it will get better with age and experience.  RJ

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 12:59:49 PM »
Brett,
After your demonstration at the GSSC last year in the 20 mph winds, you surely were not afraid of a little breeze in the desert, were you?

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 01:27:13 PM »
Brett,
After your demonstration at the GSSC last year in the 20 mph winds, you surely were not afraid of a little breeze in the desert, were you?

You're absolutely right, I guess I am just not serious about stunt.  30 sustained with gusts to 45, over the trees, parking lot, cars, and a ridge should certainly cause no problems for someone of my high standing, a mere piffle. I practice in that *all the time*, in fact, I don't even bother going out unless it's 20+.

I am sure you do that all the time, too. You certainly don't check the weather, see Randy Johnson's lawn furniture blowing downwind at a rapid pace, and decide that you and Kristen have a burning need to watch Jackass 2.5 again, right then. 

Brett

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 01:30:44 PM »
Hi Brett, I kept telling everyone that the weather would be great on the weekend cause the front wasn't moving
fast enough to get here before late Sunday night but no one paid any attention.  When I found out you guys weren't
going to show I just figured you all  were just fair weather fliers and just  plain afraid to make an appearance. Maybe
next time won't be so difficult for all y'all.  Hang in there it will get better with age and experience. 

Again, just like Paul, you are correct. You know how intimidated I get on the big stage.  It was certainly a matter of youth and inexperience, but someday I will learn. Or not.

Brett

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here