News:

• April 23, 2024, 08:15:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rainy weather  (Read 629 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Rainy weather
« on: May 02, 2016, 09:40:59 AM »

Seen this pic on the Huntersville report and it brought back memories again of past contests.  Quite a few years ago we were set up at Swope Park in Kansas City, Mo. for the annual contest.  Sunday morning and nice temps with sun shining and very little wind.  People were test flying and getting planes ready to fly.  We got word to load every thing up and get in our vehicles.  There was a severe storm heading our way.  I had just got loaded and got in the car when the wind started and then the rain.  Could barely see the circle from the car.  About 20 minutes the clouds cleared and sun was out.  Still sitting in the grass was a Nobler with lines attached.  It belonged to Leroy Klein, who left us a few years later and is still missed.   He picked up the plane and poured the water out the inboard wing tip.   Yes he flew it that day and was still flying for several years.   We got all flights in that day.  Dod not have my camera back then.  In fact I wish I could remember the year.

http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=42765.0;attach=250641;image
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
Re: Rainy weather
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 10:12:07 AM »
Doc, our rainy day was not quite as dramatic as that, but it did take its toll with dropouts for Sunday's main Stunt events. We were down to three Experts and barely enough judges to get the job done, and the "impending storm" petered out, leaving us with overcast skies and a gentle steady breeze blowing in cleanly from across the flats. A CLPA pilot's dream day. Though on the lower circle where my Intermediate and Beginner gang flew, we did splash a couple of landings. When the sun finally showed itself, it was at our backs for all but the OH8s. Another great weekend at Huntersville is In The Bag!
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here