News:

• April 19, 2024, 03:06:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Primary Force  (Read 2462 times)

Offline MikeyPratt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Primary Force
« on: April 25, 2016, 06:52:49 PM »
I just ordered the sixth run of the Primary Force kits.  See Mikey's Models in the vendors corner.

Later,
Mikey

Hi Guy's,
I need some of your opinion's and or suggestions.
I'm thinking about adding a option or two for the builders of P-Force models.

(1) Assemble 4" bellcrank & lead outs with 6-32 threaded rod stud and nuts @ 20.00
(2) Assembled C/F pushrod with titanium ends, ball links, and large nylon control horn @ $20.00

Sold separately or with the short kit.  Other suggestions.?

Thanks in Advance,
Mikey

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 10:19:37 PM by MikeyPratt »

Offline Dan Labine

• 2013 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: Primary Force
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 05:48:14 AM »
I'd definitely order both of these.
Dan
MAAC 14300

Offline scott v.

• 23 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 02:12:44 PM »
I would also buy these.

Offline Guy B Jr

• 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 11:14:55 PM »
Please let me know when the kit is available and the price. I also have a PF short kit that is about 5+/- years old and would like to have the two control sets for it.
Guy Blankinship

Offline Sean Boggs

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 05:46:19 PM »
Mike
I purchased a Pforce kit from you a couple of months ago and the first thing I did after I received your kit was to make at orders to at least 3 mail order hobby dealers and a trip to my local hobby shop to get all the bits and pieces needed to complete your kit.   I know the intent of the short kit is to keep cost down and options open the builder but I am also a great believer of the KISS principal.  I would like to see this become a complete kit!  Even if the kit price would go up by $50+ it would be well worth it. I'm sure I have at least $40 in shipping costs.  Another option could be to offer a completion kit separately.  By the way I am very pleased with your short kit and all of your recommend items to complete the kit! 

Sean

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 08:46:31 PM »
I second Sean's suggestion.   Places with which to buy good wood is getting fewer by the day, and making a second or third mail order gets time consuming. A complete kit would be awesome...id order one tomorrow!

Offline Tim Redelman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 11:03:14 PM »
+1

Tim

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 06:29:43 AM »
+2
Fred
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline tim lackey

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 04:41:26 PM »
Totally agree a complete kit would be great!!

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 06:55:00 PM »
I second Sean's suggestion.   Places with which to buy good wood is getting fewer by the day, and making a second or third mail order gets time consuming. A complete kit would be awesome...id order one tomorrow!

Thanks Guy's for your input & suggestions.   I'll see what I can do to provide a complete kit that is up to my standards as far as wood and hardware.

My thinking at offering optional kits was to attach the the lead-outs including the 6-32 threaded rod.  The c/f pushrod would be assemble as well with ball joints.

Later,
Mikey

I hope everyone understands the many of the parts that you cut yourself would have to be laser cut, that means more laser time and costs plus the wood.  I'm going to figure this out and add the cost of the parts to the kit and offer this as an option. 

Later,
Mikey
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 05:28:14 PM by MikeyPratt »

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 11:57:27 AM »
I'll see what I can do to provide a complete kit that is up to my standards as far as wood and hardware.

Later,
Mikey

That would be awesome!  I remember flying your prototype many years ago up at Oshkosh, and flew my ARF copy to pieces.  I definitely want to build another.

I would also be down for the addition of the bellcrank and pushrod.  One less thing to fuss with!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here