News:

• April 19, 2024, 01:10:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Burned by Repli Kit  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Burned by Repli Kit
« on: May 05, 2012, 05:20:20 PM »
When they were for sale I contacted them to see if they had the Mercury "Torreador" still in stock. Mike Black confirmed that they did and said pay by Pay Pal $102. So I did. Now the fun begins. The "kit" arrives and is SUPPOSED to be a full kit. The box was less than half full. I did a parts check and I didn't have even close to a full kit. The emails now begin. Finally after at least 15 emails Mike Black says that to "his horror" the worker who cut the kit used the wrong file. He confirmed that I was indeed shorted. I thought they were in stock? He claims that he will cut a new one as soon as he gets the wood and will send a tracking # to let me know it has been shipped. Never another word. Now enter the "new" owners. They have been reading the emails between Mike and me and agree that I have been burned. They will cut me a replacement kit and ship it real soon. Last email over a month ago they claimed that they were cutting that week and that mine was on the list. That was the last email. Pay Pal says I am screwed because it has been over 45 days. So much for taking someone at their word. Shop at your own risk.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline pipemakermike

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
Re: Burned by Repli Kit extra info added
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 02:06:16 AM »
Hi Bill

It is possible that I can help - I will contact you direct

Extra:  For information.  I live about an hour away and will be passing the door of this company in a couple of weeks time.  It will also be easier for me to contact them on the phone and see if I can get this problem resolved.  I have dealt with them before and, although there was a glitch in the courier, I have my 3 kits.

I have contacted Bill direct and will do whatever I can to solve any problem.

I have no relationship with Replikit other than a purchaser of a few kits
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:29:50 PM by pipemakermike »
Regards
Mike Nelson

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Burned by Repli Kit
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 07:39:59 AM »
That is bad news, as I have several of his short kits.   One I let him know didn't arrive when I thought it should.   A week and half later another kit arrived with a note asking if I had got the first kit yet.   Still don't know what happened to it.  Did not know about the 45 day being over the limit with  PayPal.   Took three months to get money replaced from a lady here in the states that claimed she had health problems at the time. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Gene O'Keefe

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 07:50:47 AM »
Bill, was this a "Blackhawk" kit ? or ? ....I'm not familiar with Mike Black or new owners. Thanks & sorry you got burned.
Gene O'Keefe
AMA 28386

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 08:33:59 AM »
These kits come from merry ole England.  At least mine did. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 10:35:40 AM »
Got a website on this Vendor?

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 11:42:23 AM »
Go try  ebay.co.uk   .   There are some partkit listings. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 04:54:21 PM »
I find that people running "cottage industries" are 100% trustworthy.  If that were not the case, word would quickly spread and their business would fall to zero!

I ordered a kit from RSM, and it was short one of the laser-cut ply sheets.  Eric sent a new one immediately, USPS Priority,  with his apology.

That's what I expect from vendors.  It's nice when it actually happens like the book.

Floyd
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here