News:

• April 24, 2024, 06:37:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SOLVED - Old Blue Plastic Flightbox ID Please  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
SOLVED - Old Blue Plastic Flightbox ID Please
« on: February 25, 2017, 03:41:28 PM »
Hi there. Yesterday I had picked up this neat little fieldbox locally. I am wondering if anyone may be able to please help me identify its maker. It is blue plastic, has a removable 'cup' on one side, removable 'tray' on top. The plastic fuel can that is in the picture also seems to perfectly fit the raised edges molded in.Again, any help in identifying this would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 01:06:21 AM by Chancey Chorney »

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Captain
Re: Old Blue Plastic Flightbox ID Please
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 03:44:54 PM »
And it also came with both of teh starters pictured, power panel, electric fuel pump, fuelling syringe, glow plug clip for the power panel, and also a Sub'C' battery powered glow plug igniter (in which you put in your battery)

Offline ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 08:07:06 PM »
I have no idea of the maker or brand name. Howard Shenton gave me one of these about 5 years ago when I started flying. I still use it today and love it! I keep a 12 volt battery on one side and a gallon of fuel on the other side, kinda balances out the weight,  works great. Good find!!
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 08:52:37 PM »
Hey, Ray, have you ever tried to pick up Howard's Combat flight box? Lol. It might weigh as much as I do.
We had a really fun flying meeting at Watt's field today. Hope to see you at the contest in May.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Online Doug Moisuk

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 09:08:45 PM »
Had a yellow one like that for years when flying RC. Only as heavy as what you put in it. Can't remember who made it. Pylon, Sullivan???
Doug Moisuk
MAAC 3360L

Offline Daryll White

• 2018 Supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 10:02:42 PM »
I had the yellow version when I first started flying R/C,if I remember correctly it was made by a  company called Craft-Air.

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 12:48:27 AM »
I had the yellow version when I first started flying R/C,if I remember correctly it was made by a  company called Craft-Air.

Thank you all for the help. Also, thank you for the lead on Craft-Air. As this is posted on another couple sites, that name was mentioned, but with a different spelling. I will now go search using your spelling and see what I come up with. Thanks all again.

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Captain
Re: SOLVED - Old Blue Plastic Flightbox ID Please
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 01:06:42 AM »
Ok. So, it is solved. It is a Dynaflight (Craftair) Field Box.

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 05:10:44 AM »
I have yellow one, are they still being made? I would like one without the cutouts I made.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline roger gebhart

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 06:46:10 AM »
You are correct it is a craft aire box and dates back to 80's.  I have one and just refurbed it with new electronics and a bath. It is still my go to flight box.  Rog

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 11:09:28 AM »
I have yellow one, are they still being made? I would like one without the cutouts I made.

I am not thinking so myself. Sorry.

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 11:22:13 AM »
You are correct it is a craft aire box and dates back to 80's.  I have one and just refurbed it with new electronics and a bath. It is still my go to flight box.  Rog

I would like to see your 'refurb' of your flight box. Kind of funny as that is kind of what mine got as well. Took it completely apart and gave it a very good bath. Ok, I will not lie. I took it apart, walked over to my parents and left it for my mother to clean, and as well, there is no shorthage of cleaning knowledge and cleaners of all types there. She is a 'clean freak', and as well actually likes these little things like this to clean! Kind of a hobby to her. Anyways, it turned out a whole bunch better after she did her 'magic'. I did not however install new electronics and just used what was there, with a couple new holes, and one slight problem. I had remounted the electric fuel pump and then did not like the wire running around back and in front of the panel, so I drilled a small hole just below where the wires exit the housing, cut off the ends, pushed it through. And on the other end pushed them through the same hole as teh power panel leads, then soldered and heat shrunk them inside. Now all completely hidden. I had to take the fuel pump apart, disassembled the switch and cleaned it up entirely as it was VERY stick and full of something. Now it works perfectly after the cleaning! Soldered on new ends to the power panel and heat shrunk them also. Now was testing time. The only other problem encountered is the slide switch on the power panel only works in one direction, so I am hoping that the actual pump can make it work in both directions. Anyways, thanks again for the stories and help.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here