News:

• April 26, 2024, 06:30:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Off Topic: Warbird related T.V./Video heads up.  (Read 1226 times)

Offline TigreST

• TigreST
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Off Topic: Warbird related T.V./Video heads up.
« on: January 10, 2017, 05:16:58 PM »
For those that have Netflix Canada just a heads up.  New (to me) programing worth a look see, "Plane Resurrection".  Six episodes on six aircraft.  Caught the P-51D "Janie" episode today.  Enjoyed it very much.

Here's a snippet on Youtube: 

Episode 2 chronicles a Hurricane MkI recovery  Looks to be equally well done.

Sorry if this is old news

Tony Bagley
Ontario, Canada

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re:
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 08:40:04 PM »
Watched episode 1 and part of 2 last night.  Pretty neat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline TigreST

• TigreST
  • Commander
Tony Bagley
Ontario, Canada

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
Re: Off Topic: Warbird related T.V./Video heads up.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 10:33:56 PM »
You get to think the Warbirds are not as safe as motorcycle road racing ( as in Circuit ) in fact if there wernt turkeys on the track to get tangled in , youd have twice the survival rate .

Then theres driving on the ROADS . %^@ Camper Vans who havnt got a clue, on back roads , in NZ . Why , it was only cattle trucks , milk tankers , ( both double trailer artics ) and school buses you had to watch for .
Cut the verge on passing - sortta swoop around . and wacth for Fence Posts , if on a motorcycle . Thing Was these suckers ran to scedules , So You knew when you might have to do a evasion .

Back in the day the fighters had a fair bit of attrition from carelessness , hamfistedness , hangovers , and other misshaps , Besides the Combat Casulties . Probably matched by Training Casulties .
Cant Help but think he mightve been trying to bring it in like a Tiger mother . The bigger US Airfields and ' wheeler ' landings make it less of a pain .
Tho Early Spitfire , and most Me 109s are set up for grass airfields .. diferant taraction , toe in , and camber . The Extra Grip on Tarmac can get them out of shape in short order .

Such is Life. a pity - and one less extant P-51 , too .

Offline TigreST

• TigreST
  • Commander
Re: Off Topic: Warbird related T.V./Video heads up.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 04:04:20 AM »
Something I did not take notice of when posting the sad news of the crash.  The news report is dated Oct 3 or 2016.  So even as I watched the show the terrible event had already taken place.  I admire the drive and the families "mission statement" (if you will) about keeping history alive and paying respect and honoring those that gave all during the world wars.  Very commendable in my humble opinion.  The daughter flys the Texan AT-6 and very much about keeping the history alive as her father was. Very commendable in someone from generations removed from the conflicts.  It seems to be lost to many of the younger people today.

Tony Bagley
Ontario, Canada

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here