News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:19:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Now THAT'S A PANTHER....HOWARD RUSH! SOMEONE'S COPIED YER PAINT SCHEME:)  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Two really interesting models..
First, CHECK OUT THIS PANTHER (yes, I remembered last night that the old Panther with swept wings was the cougar) WOW!   HH%% 
Last but not least!
LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE COPIED HOWARD RUSH'S PAINT SCHEME LL~ LL~ VD~
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 09:47:28 AM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Online Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Don,

Actually, that Cougar is more like a Panther.  (The Cougar had swept wings, the Panther had straight wings.  Whatever, they were both F9F's, just different dash numbers.)

And that P-47 is the Bill Werwage design built by Bob McDonald.  (But maybe you knew that already.)

Keith
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 11:50:16 AM by Trostle »

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Don,

Actually, that Cougar is more like a Panther.  (The Cougar had swept wings, the Pangher had straight wings.  Whatever, they were both F9F's, just different dash numbers.)

And that P-47 is the Bill Werwage design built by Bob McDonald.  (But maybe you knew that already.)

Keith

THANKS KEITH.... Thanks for "catching my BRAIN GLITCH!I REMEMBERED THAT WHEN I WAS LAYIN IN THE SACK LAST NIGHTthat the Cougar was a Panther with Swept wings...

BUT WAS TOOOOOOOOOOTIRED TO GET UP AND CHANGE IT LL~
Glad to see you checking in here in Sparky's site!  H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Wouldn't that Panther look great with "Tip-Tanks?" :!

Check out these two examples  for the Panther and COUGAR (Great lookin' Orange model! WOW!
Don Shultz

Offline Bradley Walker

• Admiral
    • The Urban Rifleman
I think Bob McDonald's P-47 was built before Howard's Impact.

Not to mention that swept checkerboard might be the most common trim scheme on the planet.  You might see 30 planes at the Nats using that same swept checkerboard at the root of the wing.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
That Panther model is totally cool!  Is that a stunt job or a scale ship?
Steve

Offline Steve Scott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • Terrorizing earthworms since '65
That Panther model is totally cool!  Is that a stunt job or a scale ship?
How about semi-scale?

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
WOW!STEVE!!!!
THAT IS A GREAT PHOTO...THANKS FOR SENDING THIS ONE!
Beautiful models...gang!
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Schultzie's loosin' it again. Howard's ImpAct is almost revolutionary in the 'waved' checkerboard...done by computer, OBTW. I'm looking forward to seeing his new one. He told me last week that it was now white. And that it was going to be yellow. So, I'm in the dark, as usual. I'm sure it will be JCT Kewl, tho.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Oh what the heck, since we're picking on Schultzie, here's some pix of Bob MacDonald's "Dodge Ram" T-bolt
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
In the Navy, a bright orange plane is usually a target drone, meant  to be shot down by missles.  White with orange stripes is a student pilot.

We used the TF9F-9 Cougar for advanced fighter training in the 60's.  Watched  4 years of landings and launches on the Lex.

Ty:
My brother & I were on what I think was the last of the Navy's post-NATs carrier cruises - on the Lex out of Pensacola in July (or August) 1968.  Watched a bunch of guys qualifying in T-28's and T2's.  Any chance you were there then?
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Steve, Dennis and gang!
"Shultzies loosin' it???  LL~WHAT DO YOU MEAN, LOOSIN IT!!!! VD~ It doesn't take many B-Cells to figure out that I am not just loosin it but for a fact...U GUYS ARE BEIN WAAAY TO NICE...CUZZZ' EVERYONE ONE KNOW FROM THESE POSTS...THAT I HAVE ALREADY LOST IT! LL~
CHECKER BOARDS...NOW THAT I THIMK' ABOUT IT...have been around and around and around the stunt circles for decades and decades and we have seen every kind of improv on that theme for years and years.
As far as That JUG's checkers....matching HOWARD truly is a preeeeeeeeeeetttee'far streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch for sure.
Howards checkers are without a doubt some of the tastiest around anywhere...and as far as that JUG's check go, both the checks and the craftsman ship on both ships are truly a beautiful piece of air art! Congrats to both of them.
Keep those CHECKER BOARDS ALIVE AND COMIN' ON!  H^^ S?P VD~
Don Shultz

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Shultzie,  you have not lost it.  In my opinion you are a genious.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here