News:

• June 17, 2024, 11:42:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Now, Some new graphics on my old Shark 15  (Read 3758 times)

Offline badbill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Now, Some new graphics on my old Shark 15
« on: March 25, 2016, 04:20:01 PM »
  I posted a little while back about the new graphics I got from Storm 2313 on RCG for my new Magician.http://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/new-graphics-for-my-new-magician/ Well, he also just came through with some replacement graphics for my Shark 15 I built last October. The kit decals lasted about 3.5 flights  HB~> I recommend him highly, fast and cheap- His name is Vince, You can email him at Len1007  at  yahoo.com
Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is just right!

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Now, Some new graphics on my old Shark 15
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 06:06:45 PM »

Looks great! Please contact him again and ask him to introduce himself here. y1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 07:01:49 PM »
Looks good.... Not going to lie.... THat plane is pretty good lookin too!
Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 08:32:48 PM »
Hi, Fine looking plane and Graphics! Which engine do you have on it and how does it fly? I was going to sell the one I have but after having seen your's I am going to keep it and build my own!

Thanks for sharing!

Phil Spillman
Phil Spillman

Offline Walter Hicks

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 08:48:12 PM »
Does this guy who does your graphics have a web site?

Offline badbill

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 08:51:23 PM »
Hi, Fine looking plane and Graphics! Which engine do you have on it and how does it fly? I was going to sell the one I have but after having seen your's I am going to keep it and build my own!
Thanks for sharing!
Phil Spillman

It flies real well, better than me! It has an Enya 4004 .19, 9x4 BYO prop. Tongue muffin and uniflow tank.
Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

Offline badbill

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 08:52:54 PM »
Does this guy who does your graphics have a web site?

No, but he is in the registration process here as we speak. Hopefully he will be joining us shortly.
Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 10:30:43 PM »
Really nice, Bill!  But the graphics look great in part because the background they're on is well done.    :)

Questions: (1)Are these pressure sensitive or water-slide?  (2)Is the background clear?  (3)Did you have to cut them to shape?  (4)Can he do white on a clear background?

Come to think of it, maybe I'd better ask him.  I can think of all kinds of possibilities, Thanks for posting!

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Storm2313

• New Pilot
Re: Custom Graphics Design...
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 08:22:20 AM »
I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Vincent Marino, and own Edealers Direct Ebay store (Search Ebay for the store name). I'm an electrical engineer, by profession, and was a graphic designer while going through college. I've been into RC flight for 22 years.

Bill's plane represents my work. I want to make it clear I use professional grade equipment. I have a Graphtec, cutter, and printer. The prints are done at 4800 x 2400 DPI. The quality is fully digital, and I can replicate any digital image you have. I also have a color spectrometer to pull colors off items like a body shop does to match paint on cars.

Every graphic is then hit with automotive grade clearcoat to seal the graphics ink on the American manufactured pro grade vinyl. The adhesive is commercial quality. This process makes the graphics fuelproof. All my graphics are adhesive backed. I can cut all designs without any background if you wish, and mirroring is also available. The accuracy on my servo cutter is 002 of an inch, so detail isn't an issue. I'm not happy till you are. Turnaround time for custom designs is usually a few hours to produce, and 2 days till shipping as the clearcoat needs to flash.

I specialize in custom work, and can offer you my premade digital catalog of designs on request.

I also invite you to review my Ebay store. I manufacturer CNC controllers. If you want to manufacture kits from your home, or virtually anything I build the controllers that communicate with the pc to the CNC chassis to make your designs a reality. Here's me covering my designs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gecko-G540-CNC-Motion-Control-System-48v-12-5a-3-Nema-23-300oz-in-3-5A-Motors-/131247492157?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

If you opt to watch the videos the second one is my system actually cutting a carbon fiber chassis.

I want to thank Bill for introducing me to another great forum. I look forward to supporting all your graphics needs.
Thank you,
Vince

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 07:57:44 AM »
Hi Vince and welcome to the forum.

Mike Griffin

Offline Storm2313

• New Pilot
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 08:52:03 AM »
Thank you Mike. I look forward to getting to know  everyone.

Here's some of my work.. The Jack in the box is colored in candy green, along with candy colors used in the numbers. Carbon fiber is also used. I can use any fill you like for texture effects that add a new dimension to vinyl.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 12:17:34 PM »

Welcome to the forum Vincent. H^^

Whenever possible I prefer not to have any clear backing or "carrier" for numbering/lettering etc., I assume you can provide "die-cut" designs in solid colors too? Military fonts?

Where are you located?

Wayne Willey

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 12:45:12 PM »
  Welcome to the group. I will just add that if you begin a stock pile of art work for vintage kit logos, manufacturers, and vintage AMA logos, Ithink you will be happy with the response from this group. I will help with supplying stuff as I think of it. As an example, the Shark decal you made for Badbill can be upgraded to the decal for the Shark"45" by just adding the 45 in the same font, The Ringmaster decal comes to mind, the Jetco Dolphin, the Veco logo, all sorts of stuff out there Wish I had the know how and the spare time to learn how to do it myself. Doing water slide decals will be neat also. The vinyl stuff is nice if it's real thing, but some guys like the edge to disappear under the clear coat. Water slide decals and the old Letrasets are the only thing I know of that can do that. We'll all have to get used to teh new technology eventually.
   Good luck and have fun,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Storm2313

• New Pilot
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 04:38:49 PM »
Warbird thank you for the welcome. I'm located just north of Tampa Fl. Solid colors aren't an issue. I can also produce military fonts. AIRBORNE is the  typical used by 95% of the military.

Water slide graphics are thin walled. If your into that type of material I can do dry rub graphics which will be covered with clearcoat easily. The material costs more, but I assure you it looks as close to painted on as you can get. Media that can be used today is pretty amazing .If it can be printed on I can do it. I can even print on aluminum sheet media.

All my graphics are pro grade. The backgrounds are removed by a servo guided plotter. I then use pro grade transfer tape to apply the pieces of graphic missing the background to your model.

I did the ringmaster graphic. I retouched it to make the colors accurate, and it to has the background removed using the technique described. The Mighty Mite graphic reflects it as well.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 05:55:57 PM »

Looks and sounds great Vincent. y1

I'm going to suggest contacting our forum host, Robert "Sparky" Storick, and have him get you listed in the Vendor section here on the forum.

Wayne Willey

Offline Storm2313

• New Pilot
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 05:19:29 AM »
That's a great idea. Does anyone know a quick way of contacting him?

Thank you all.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 08:53:29 AM »
I can do dry rub graphics

Storm,

Welcome to the forum!

Your "dry rub" graphics I would have "extreme" interest in, including your water slide decals.  #^

Especially that they can be auto two part clear coated.

I'll contact you when the time comes to see what program I can send the art in?

I'll look for you in the Vendor's Corner.

Welcome again to the Forum.

Charles

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Storm2313

• New Pilot
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 09:22:52 AM »
Charles, thank you for the welcome.

Just let me know the project when your ready, and we'll put it together.

Take care.

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 09:26:08 AM »
How do we buy from you?

MM

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 11:40:18 AM »
Charles, thank you for the welcome.

Just let me know the project when your ready, and we'll put it together.

Take care.

Storm,

Thanks for the reply.

Get set up over at the Vendor's Corner, that's really necessary. I'll look for you there.

All your contacts for product will most likely go there, although I generally get e-mails or PM's.

You can Post all your samples there and the work you've done on models.

I'm looking forward to seeing your work, especially your "Nose Art."

I could use a vendor that can print quality nose art images and logos.

I'll be asking for a sample of your "dry rub," I have applications for that medium on something I'm currently building.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Storm2313

• New Pilot
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 07:40:26 AM »
PM's are the best way to contact me. Please understand I'm currently very busy with my two businesses, and will get back to you ASAP.

Thank you all.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here