News:

• April 23, 2024, 08:20:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Field Kansas City area  (Read 3274 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
New Field Kansas City area
« on: September 22, 2015, 08:40:57 AM »
In the FOTO section I have posted about the new field with directions.  Also my info.    Thanks Big Bear, hope you are getting some flying done.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Alex Rillos

• Scratch Builder
  • Ensign
Re: New Field Kansas City area
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 09:46:09 AM »
Hi DOC, Alex Rillos here. I would like to visit the KC new field as I would like to return to CL after many, many years. Have directions to the field?. Thanks.
I couldn't find the FOTO section with the info also.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:36:06 AM by Alex Rillos »

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 11:30:12 AM »
Hi Alex.  Don't know where Doc is but I can tell you where the field is.  If you have GPS put in 4500 Frisbie Rd.  Shawnee, Kansas 66226.  That should put you on it though it's sort of hidden back in the weeds.  It would be best to meet up with John or I to lead you in to it.  It's been torn up some by teenagers farming the turf but it's flyable.  We've been hoping these daily rains will stop so it's not a mud hole and we can fly.  It's been raining this morning but the sandy loam drains very well.  Hope to get a few flights in tomorrow if it doesn't rain any more.  Been impossible for two-three weeks due to daily thundershowers-  you'd think this was a rainforest or something.  Did get it mowed a few days ago so it's good to go.  John should chime in here soon.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 03:03:20 PM »
Alex, just seen this.   Are you close to Shawnee or Lenexa?   

Dave,  went down by the field yesterday evening.   The brainless turds have been at it again.   Seems they have no regard for public property.  I know where there is a couple thousand rail road ties, but they are heavier than what I took down.   On the way home was wishing some one would donate a couple of hundred metal fence posts that I could drive into the ground leaving just enough sticking up so we could spot them.  I would have them centered in the grass/weeds section we haven't mowed.   Text me if you go down Thursday.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 03:52:35 PM »
John you've been holding out on me about the ties......we'll get Kevs heavy trailer and Bobcat.  Going out mid morning.  Just put down 50# seed a week ago.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 05:02:59 PM »
Save your money on seed until we can keep they mudders off the circle.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Alex Rillos

• Scratch Builder
  • Ensign
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 01:33:31 PM »
Hi Doc, Alex here. Was nice meeting you in the field last week. I just started building a Ringmaster S-1, from plans, and it will be electric as I have the motor, ESC, batteries and just ordered a timer and other stuff to get it ready from Brodak.

Offline Alex Rillos

• Scratch Builder
  • Ensign
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 01:37:36 PM »
Hi Alex.  Don't know where Doc is but I can tell you where the field is.  If you have GPS put in 4500 Frisbie Rd.  Shawnee, Kansas 66226.  That should put you on it though it's sort of hidden back in the weeds.  It would be best to meet up with John or I to lead you in to it.  It's been torn up some by teenagers farming the turf but it's flyable.  We've been hoping these daily rains will stop so it's not a mud hole and we can fly.  It's been raining this morning but the sandy loam drains very well.  Hope to get a few flights in tomorrow if it doesn't rain any more.  Been impossible for two-three weeks due to daily thundershowers-  you'd think this was a rainforest or something.  Did get it mowed a few days ago so it's good to go.  John should chime in here soon.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. I went there last week and met Doc there. Very Nice!

Offline B Norton

• B-NO
  • 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 09:29:40 PM »
Alex nice to meet you to meet you and your wife at the Tulsa contest, good luck with your ringmaster your in good hands with John and Dave with that kind of experience around you will be flying in no time, both these guys are good people!

Offline Alex Rillos

• Scratch Builder
  • Ensign
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 08:13:29 AM »
Alex nice to meet you to meet you and your wife at the Tulsa contest, good luck with your ringmaster your in good hands with John and Dave with that kind of experience around you will be flying in no time, both these guys are good people!

Thanks B. Norton, it was a pleasure meeting you guys there. I had to leave early to check out in the hotel but I hope the rain didn't mess the contest after noon. Wish we had a field like that here in KC! Later, Alex.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 10:44:58 AM »
If the lottery ever comes through, we will and maybe better. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Alex Rillos

• Scratch Builder
  • Ensign
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 01:38:01 PM »
Anybody flying at KCRC field?

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 03:48:55 PM »
Anybody flying at KCRC field?
Alex there are a couple C/L friends who fly over there and are from that side of town,  not sure how active they really are any more.  They also hold a combat contest there every year. 
AMA 20934

Offline Darwin Ulledahl

• 21 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 04:11:04 PM »
Yes, a small group fly there. The club accommodates nicely. I've been club member long time. I've been trying to promote leveling the C/L grass area for better stunt flying practice, if and when we can get the parks dept to sign off on it. We have a couple of high caliper combat guy's that put on couple of meets a yr. C/L flying there has turned out to be a nice addition to make that field a nice all around aero-modeling field. We also fly rockets across the street in the soccer field.
Give me a call if you need more details.

Darwin
816-868-4938
Darwin Ulledahl

Offline Alex Rillos

• Scratch Builder
  • Ensign
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 08:43:55 PM »
I went there yesterday but nobody was there, only a few R/C's. The field seems to be very nice.

Offline Alex Rillos

• Scratch Builder
  • Ensign
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 09:14:52 PM »
Yes, a small group fly there. The club accommodates nicely. I've been club member long time. I've been trying to promote leveling the C/L grass area for better stunt flying practice, if and when we can get the parks dept to sign off on it. We have a couple of high caliper combat guy's that put on couple of meets a yr. C/L flying there has turned out to be a nice addition to make that field a nice all around aero-modeling field. We also fly rockets across the street in the soccer field.
Give me a call if you need more details.

Darwin
816-868-4938

Thanks, Darwin. Too late to call you, I suppose. Maybe tomorrow, Alex.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 10:30:22 AM »
Well Alex, I was in Topeka for the annual Ringmaster Fly-a-thon with Melvin.   Weather was great both days.  Started to head for the Shawnee Riverside Park until I looked at the clock and the left knee & thigh muscles said no.   Maybe I can talk them into coming down or over here next year.   Remember I have Ringmasters for use.   We were flying them with our eyes closed trying to convert an RC'r.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline John Whitsitt

• New Pilot
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 02:19:46 PM »
Good to see the names of some old friends here. I'm still flying control-line, but am very rusty! Hope to see you guys soon.

John

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 04:54:13 PM »
Good to see the names of some old friends here. I'm still flying control-line, but am very rusty! Hope to see you guys soon.

John
Hey John!  Long time!  Let's get together soon.  We'll get you out to find the field.  It's sort of a mess right now but flyable.  Hope to be done with the problem soon and get the place in better shape for next season. 

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Alex Rillos

• Scratch Builder
  • Ensign
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 06:27:42 PM »
Well Alex, I was in Topeka for the annual Ringmaster Fly-a-thon with Melvin.   Weather was great both days.  Started to head for the Shawnee Riverside Park until I looked at the clock and the left knee & thigh muscles said no.   Maybe I can talk them into coming down or over here next year.   Remember I have Ringmasters for use.   We were flying them with our eyes closed trying to convert an RC'r.

Hey Doc, I am working on my electric Ringmaster. Ready to cover right now. Hope you feel better... Later, Alex.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here