News:

• April 16, 2024, 10:01:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need help with a Google (or any engine) search term  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
Need help with a Google (or any engine) search term
« on: October 22, 2016, 09:24:00 AM »
I am trying to find a wired(USB) OR wireless (BlueTooth) camera.... maybe tripod...maybe with built in lights or all inclusive system

Intended to focus on something like the small print on a bottle ...or close up of an small engine part----and send the image to my Large computer screen like we have seen in several movies like the Bone Collector or Shooter

Basically a camera based magnifying glass

I have tried half a dozen searches and don't find what I am after

Shop computer is mid range Toshiba Win 10 laptop with nice 30" secondary monitor set up in two screen view

I am usually very successful with Google searches but this one, for a product I know must exist, eludes me

"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Need help with a Google (or any engine) search term
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 09:41:30 AM »
I can shoot an image at 300 dpi's. I start by panning in as close as I can get before the image becomes out of focus.

I take the shot.

At 300 dpi's I can enlarge the image and read fine print on a bottle and then some.

I thought all cameras could do this.

My Nikon is 8 or 9 years old.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 10:04:55 AM »
I am looking for a real time solution... as in, the what the camera sees the Monitor displays ...eliminating the "take a photo" transfer, view, steps

The laptop's built in camera does thos, this but a bad form factor to try and point at something other than my ugly face staring at the screen

IN The Bone Collector movie....Denzel had a camera, tripod, lighting set up so his paralyzed, bedridden body, could lay back and see a book or paper file pages displayd on a large monitor

I am thinking I need to scan NewEgg for a standalone computer camera and adapt a tripod and LED lighting...I am sure the cams can be had USB or Wireless

I was hoping there might be a turn key solution already packaged for sale

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
    • Circlemasters Flying club
Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731
EAA 1231299 UAS Certificate Number FA39HY9ML7  Member of the Milwaukee Circlemasters. A Gold Leader Club for over 25 years!  http://www.circlemasters.com/

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 11:02:20 AM »
Search on webcam macro lens and be prepared to dig.

http://www.everythingusb.com/ipevo-p2v-usb-webcam-18262.html
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »
Gopro with wifi app and your cell phone
AMA 12366

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 07:32:53 AM »
Tim

That type of device is the solution I was seeking, thanks

My searches kept getting Camera based microscopes. t I was wanting something with close up ability and backed up to display a larger area like documents

I should have thought to look for the classroom "overhead" projectors (not to be confused with a ceiling mounted projector), Like I used teaching Army courses. Used mostly with clear plastic sheets written on with grease pencil. However the later versions could illuminate from the top down instead of under up, so you could just project typewritten document/book pages or solid things

Thanks to all for the suggestions

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Norvaldo

• 2020 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 04:32:41 PM »
Hello.
What you are seeking for is called 'Tethered Photography'.

It implies that the image is transferred (usually by USB cable) directly to the computer and displayed using special software.
Not all cameras can do this so you have to look around to find a practical solution.
Norvald Olsvold

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here