News:

• March 28, 2024, 08:20:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mike Pratt  (Read 3755 times)

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
Mike Pratt
« on: August 26, 2016, 11:03:53 AM »
I'm sorry to report Mike Pratt's wife passed away a couple of days ago after a painful battle with cancer.

I've known Mike for several years, and I'm sure many here join me in thoughts and prayers for this special man.

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Mike Pratt
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 11:40:38 AM »
Mike,
You have my deepest sympathies my friend.  I will pray that God will help you through this tough time.  Remember you are loved by many friends and we all wish the very best for you.

Sorry for this tremendous loss! 

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 11:42:09 AM »
Thanks Randy, I couldn't say it any better. :(
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 11:43:50 AM »
Mike I am so sorry to hear about Lois.  May GOD shed his grace and blessings upon you and your family during this time of loss.  Prayers are coming your way.

Mike

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 12:55:28 PM »
I'm sorry to report Mike Pratt's wife passed away a couple of days ago after a painful battle with cancer.

I've known Mike for several years, and I'm sure many here join me in thoughts and prayers for this special man.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,
 I don't know if I could have wrote that with out falling apart.
Lois put up a huge fight to beat this cancer stuff, gong through Chemo, radiation, surgery, and many hours of hard worke.  We both did everything we were asked, and them some.  She passed away on Tuesday morning at 4:10 AM with me and her sister by her side.  She is a 35 year Airforce veteran and will have a Military Funeral.
They say everything on the Internet will be there forever, I hope so, she was that good of a person.

Later,
Mikey

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:58:44 PM by MikeyPratt »

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 02:12:12 PM »
Mike my friend, I am so sorry to hear this news. Know that we are spiritually with you at this difficult time.

Paul W

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 02:45:23 PM »
Mike,  Know that I am with you in my thoughts and prayers after this tremendous loss.  Remember the great times you had and may God be with you and your family.

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 02:52:41 PM »
Mike... until you mentioned HER.... Lois's.... 35 years of service, I was on the fence about my final resting....

Your loss, HER service, and current USA attitudes....

I am now leaning to a full honors funeral....for myself, yes.... but more so for my Wife of 33 years today....Renie is a Retired CSM of 6th Air Cav brigade.... a distinct accomplishment

I know how much you honor you ladies love for you, and her service to this nation....

Be strong my brother...we have your back! And sincere love for you and family for your loss

"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 04:45:32 PM »
Mikey it's sad to hear this news.  I'm hoping you find peace and happiness going forward.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 09:40:01 PM »
Mike,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You have a large extended family here. I will be praying for you and your departed lady. Don't hesitate if there is anything your brothers and sisters can do.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

John Leidle

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 12:56:47 AM »
    Sorry Mike.

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 05:13:38 AM »
Very sorry to hear of your loss Mike.

Derek and family

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 07:29:16 AM »
Mike,
So sorry to hear about Lois.  Last month when we talked I knew the concern was great.  I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Alan

Offline Steve Scott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • Terrorizing earthworms since '65
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 10:18:29 AM »
Mike,

We passed around a card at our meeting which all of us signed.  I lost a dear friend to brain cancer many years ago and it still hurts.  The Piston Poppers feel your loss.

I'd be interested in learning the funeral arrangements.  My wife and I are also USAF vets and currently work for the VA.  If the service will be at Ft Snelling we'd like to attend.  My Dad (who served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam) and mom, a VA nurse, are interred at the Tahoma National Cemetery.

Offline John Miller

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 10:52:52 AM »

I'm sad to hear this my friend. I'm praying for God's blessings for you, and your family.
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 11:00:01 AM »
So sorry Mike. Our prayers are with you
AMA 7544

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 11:57:40 AM »
Mike, there's nothing I can say other than to let you know I'm saddened by your loss.

I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2016, 05:17:24 PM »
Mike, It's a tough road ahead, but it can be navigated.  I know, I lost Donna a year ago to cancer as well, and it's still with me.  always will be.  A good friend told me a week after she died that, "Grief never stops, it just changes."  I have found that to be true.  This year and two months later I spent a lot of time missing her today.  My advice is this, embrace the grief, but don't dwell on it, and don't fight against it.
There is an organization called Griefshare that I attended and it was agreat help.  I'm sure if you google it you can find a local group.  I highly recommend it.
I love you brother, in spite of the long time since we've seen each other.  If you ever need to talk just to unload, call me anytime.
Blessings,
Will
419-966-2036
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 04:03:18 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for the wonderful posts and cards.  I know she would really appreciate every one of them.  I will see each and everyone of you in the future sometime and I will thank you in person. 
Lois was a big advocate for all model aviation and really like helping work at contests and running scores.  She thought that C/L was the best and really like the people (but leaned toward stunt flyers the most).

Again, thank you,
Mikey

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 01:02:49 PM »
My deepest condolences, Mike. Thank you for posting her picture!
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 08:07:34 AM »
My deepest condolences, Mike. Thank you for posting her picture!

Hi Bill,
Thank You.  The picture was taken by her son which turned out to be the best of all photo's we had.  It was taken at her desk while working at the VA. 

Later,
Mikey

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2016, 10:10:56 AM »
   Hi Mikey;
    I would like to add my condolences to you also. I believe I had the pleasure of meeting her at one of the last SIG C/L contests, correct? Take care and be well, my friend.
     Sincerely,
   Dan McEntee

AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2016, 10:16:22 AM »
   Hi Mikey;
    I would like to add my condolences to you also. I believe I had the pleasure of meeting her at one of the last SIG C/L contests, correct? Take care and be well, my friend.
     Sincerely,
   Dan McEntee

Hi Dan,
Lois only had the opportunity to meet a few of the modelers at contests before she became to sick to travel.  She sways like the people and how different and fun they all seemed to be.  She always thought it was funny that you wore a hat with a wind sock attached to it.  She always remembered the wind sock and you.
She was laid to rest at a small cemetery in Ironton MN Close to her mom with military horrors.  It was wonderful to see so many people that came to the funeral including a number of modelers from the MPLS Piston Poppers.
Lois will be missed by many that's for sure.
Later,
Mikey

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here